molly acting funny
1. Size of aquarium (# of gallons) 29 gallon
2. Is your aquarium setup freshwater or brackish water? freshwater
3. How long the aquarium has been set up? 3 months
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know) 5 mollies ( 3 females 2 males ) 2 angels, 2 tigar barbs, 1 cherry barb, cory cat, jumbo algee eater, 4 gouramis, and 1 snail
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium? yes
6. What temperature is the tank water currently? 80
7. What make/model filter are you using? Whisper
8. Are you using a CO2 unit? No
9. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? no
10. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed? 3 weeks ago, 50%
11. How often do you perform water changes? usally every 2 weeks getting ready to do one since i didnt do it last week.
12. How often and what foods do you feed your fish? 2 times a day, tetra min, tropical flakes.
13. What type of lighting are you using and how long is it kept on? the one that came with the tank, from about 9 to 9
14. What specific concerns bring you here at this time? well there is 2. I have a female molly with one pop eye and a molly acting funny.
15. What are your water parameters? Test your pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. just tested 2 days ago and every thing is perfect
16. What test kit are you using and is it liquid or test strips? Liquid
17. When was the last time you bought a fish and how did they behave while in the pet store tank? 2 months ago very active in tank.
I have 1 female molly who has a popped out eye. It is just one eye. So i believe it is due to fighting with one of the males.
My other molly is swimming verticaly. She is not as active but still swimming but vert and sometimes will go upside down. The male is still going after her and trying to get her pregnant.
2 days ago i did find 4 babies in the tank ( first time i have seen any babies since getting the fish ). They babies are gone tho, the angels ate them.
My question is, Has anyone ever gone thru this and what should i do?
Ummm sounds like your kinda over stocked, I thought it was getting crowded when I heard the angels, but then a jumbo algae eater?
Now, the molly is actually missing it's eye or it has pop eye? It could be the males stressing the females out, but it could also be the barbs. With only a group of three they could be picking on the other fish too.
You should test your water parameters again and post your actual readings rather then the water is fine.
molly acting funny.
I think i found what is wrong with her on a different site. I think it has something to do with nurological ( spelling ) She is still eating and swimming around nose down and tail bent. The other site said it is from overbreeding which i have notice one of the male molly bother her ALOT. She may have had babies before that i just didnt notice.
Yes jumbo algree eater. I was having a problem with algee on rocks that i have in the tank and got him. He is perfect for the tank. Right size. Alittle smaller then the size of a pen.
I have been told that i have a messed up tank by people that work at a pet store. I use to have an upside down catfish that killed 1 betta and attack another that i use to have. So i went and got 2 tigar barbs to put the upside down catfish in its place but the tigar barbs dont bother any of the other fish. The nly aggressive fish i have in the tank is 1 of the male mollies. And all he does is chase the other male away and chase the females to mate with them.
And the other molly. The eye is just poped out. Its NOT missing. The eye is not cloudy. Just poped out. She is still eating and swimming around normaly.
I will test the water tonight and get the specs on it and post it.
Sorry if i am all over the place with all the info.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2