Tropical Fish Keeping banner

new platy fry

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  southafrica1001 
#1 ·
yeah my platy just gave birth ive sen one there very small how long does it take for them to get alittle bigger i want to put it in my breeder but they are to small right now yeahhhhhhh :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D my first babys

#2 ·
CONGRATULATIONS :D. can they get out of the breeder net? if not you might want to put them in now, unless your tank is heavily planted. i usually leave my fry in my grow out tank (which i dont have anymore) for 4 months and by then they are usually just a bit smaller then adult length (i wait until my betta wont even think of them as food), but when they cant be eaten by the other fish in your main tank. good luck :D

#3 ·
i have just spotted 1 but now i cant find it no more i dont no if it is undercover or what i barely spotted it in the first place it was in the gravel i have dark brown gravel do they hide alot the first couple days i have like a little bridge type thing it can under and plants i hope it is ok ive looked for it but i cant find it like i said i barely saw it the first well they start coming out more often my other female is pregnant also

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.