Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Freshwater Journals (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/)
- - Got The Tank Back Up And Running With Plants Finally (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/got-tank-back-up-running-plants-161545/)
Got The Tank Back Up And Running With Plants Finally
Well, its been a long time since I have posted anything here, but I finally got the tank back up to par again. I had to break it down because of a temporary move that turned into over a year. I lost most of my plants except the moss and the tank didn't really much attention during that time other than water changes. I'm finally in the new house and got the tank all back together a few weeks ago. It ended up doing three moves but is home now. I got lucky and only lost a few fish in the process.
So anyway, I got the plants in the tank today so I thought I'd throw up a few pics. It looks a little crowded and once it all takes off I'm sure it will get really crowded, but thats OK because I have another 75g that will be going in the bedroom soon. All the fish seemed to be enjoying their new plants, they were hanging out in them and swimming all thru them.
I did a layout very similar to want was in it before:
-Amazon Swords in the corners
-Jungle Vals along the back
- Sagittaria Subulata in front of the wood
- Cryptocoryne Spiralis randomly placed near the rocks and wood
- Cryptocoryne Wendti Red - not shown but is growing behind the center wood and back left of the tank
- Vesuvius - also not shown because it didn't take well to the move but are in a couple corners and I think also near the rocks
Let me know what you think and as always I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks
I like the green in the middle but the stone against the side glass bother me
don't take it personal, just my.02 cents
Yeah, can't really make my mind up about that one either, but I dropped it in there and don't know what else to do with it. Its hard to see from the pics, crappy iPhone pics, but there are several hiding places. One under the rock to the right that tunnels thru to the other side, a large hole in the gravel under the center log and a small hole under the wood on the right. And that piece is kind of hollow too so it makes a great hiding place for the bronze Cory.
once those swords growup a bit they will help offset those rocks, good looking tank though
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.