Sign the Petition to Stop Uwe Boll!
A little background: Uwe Boll is a German "film" director that specializes in making movie adaptations of video game franchises. Some brilliant mind (allegedly working with the newspaper The Guardian) has struck some sort of deal with Boll in which he agreed that if a petition could generate one million signatures, he would retire from the movie business.
I've compiled a list of reasons why you might want to sign the signature:
1. His movies are generally terrible. Every single movie he has ever made has been universally panned by critics and the public. His movies often fall in IMDB's bottom 100 movies of all time. Most of his movies fail to break a 10% positive rating on rottentomatoes.com, a movie review aggregating website.
2. His video game adaptations stray far from the source material. Fans of the games his movies are based on say he unfairly portrays the games in his adaptations and diminishes the public's perception of the source material. Many claim that the general lack of acceptance of game-based movies is due largely in part to Boll's meddling.
3. He has had many immature reactions to his critics, often childishly calling them names and even challenging them to fights.
4. Although relatively low-budget, none of his films have broken even at the box office. His films are funded through a German legal loophole that allows private investors in films to write off their investments if the movies fail to break even. This seems to me like he's trying to run the very same scam as seen in The Producers.
5. Finally, he is extremely offensive. He directed a movie adaptation of the universally hated video game Postal 2, which not only was a poorly made game but was offensive itself. The movie includes 9/11 parodies, rape scenes, bestiality and Uwe Boll himself claiming that he funds his movies with "Nazi gold." This isn't shock comedy, it's just plain offensive.
As an added bonus: the makers of Stride Gum have promised a coupon for a free pack of gum to everyone who signed the petition should they succeed in gathering one million votes. The petition has only been up for a few months and has already almost reached 300,000 votes.
so...where is it?
I will sign once I have a link, lol.
A film director really can't fall apart when his movies are critisized... He probably has a case of unhealthy optimism, in which he still thinks he can get one million signatures after what people think of his movies.
Oh wow. I can't believe I forgot the link. Here you go:
Edit: You'll notice that he's referenced as Dr. Uwe Boll. That's right, this guy actually has a doctorate in literature. That just makes all of his offenses that much more unforgivable.
I've listened to this guy talk a couple of times and honestly he shows no respect to the source material. His attitude is that they're just stupid video games, who cares. Now I don't know how good a movie you could make from Dungeon Siege or lord help me Bloodrayne but they'd have to be better than the crap he vomits up onto the screen.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.