Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Cichlids (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/)
-   -   angel fish!! HELP!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/angel-fish-help-16128/)

soada101 07-09-2008 11:11 PM

angel fish!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!

angel fish has been beaten up!!i have a lg pair that i just baught that were a breeding pair. in the tank i have 2 bala sharks about 4"& 5" 3 lg silver dollars. 1 rapheal catfish and 1 banded leporinus. oh and three pearl gourami. i have been keeping an eye on them to make sure all is well. it has seemed to be all good in the fish neighbor hood......i come home just now and literally half the tail off of a lg angelfish is gone. i have pics of when it was a full tail and now its half thats how i know for sure its GONE!!! any help please! let me know which one u may think it was because i have another tank and im kicking his ass out!

Lupin 07-10-2008 12:00 AM

Banded leporinus are rather nippy. I wouldn't recommend mixing angels with them.

markiee55 07-10-2008 12:54 AM

Re: angel fish!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by soada101
angel fish has been beaten up!!i have a lg pair that i just baught that were a breeding pair. in the tank i have 2 bala sharks about 4"& 5" 3 lg silver dollars. 1 rapheal catfish and 1 banded leporinus. oh and three pearl gourami. i have been keeping an eye on them to make sure all is well. it has seemed to be all good in the fish neighbor hood......i come home just now and literally half the tail off of a lg angelfish is gone. i have pics of when it was a full tail and now its half thats how i know for sure its GONE!!! any help please! let me know which one u may think it was because i have another tank and im kicking his ass out!

*sigh*

ur not very bright.

ur tank isnt suitible for angel fish.

bala sharks are to hyper and crazy for the comfort of ur angels.

angels do best in a large quiet tank where they are the biggest. :roll:

soada101 07-10-2008 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markiee55
Quote:

*sigh*

ur not very bright.

well u realllllyy didnt have to put it in that way.. for one i asked the guys at the pet shop that actually stick to fish... not a petsmart.... they said it should be fine just keep an eye on em... if no probs by the next day, it should be ok.... well i kept an eye on em and made sure they werent attacking or anything.. well they didnt even get close.. i watched em all this morning and still nothing. well i go to my moms house for a couple of hours and the tail is half gone... with that ok i put them in a seperate tank all by themselvs so will he be ok?? with the tail grow back??? just help me out with what ever ya can. will he die??

1077 07-10-2008 01:16 AM

If you have moved the angelfish to a mature tank, meaning one that has been cycled and one whose water parameters are stable then the angelfish should recover. The Banded Leporinus would be ok with sharks but little else with large or flowing fins. :)

soada101 07-10-2008 02:09 AM

dang fish!

yes he is in an established tank. my dad just took fish that he hadin there into a bigger tank and was gonna go get some other fish... i was like umm here u go... i rather him have them and he keep em then dying in my tank.....the angel looks fine... doesnt "seem" to be down or dying or anything... just i was looking at it and i was like wtf.. wheres his tail.... so he looks fine! will his tail grow back??? whats the chances of him dying or living?? 50/50? thanks

iamntbatman 07-10-2008 09:55 AM

Personally, I think your angels probably would have been fine in your setup as long as the banded leporinus was moved. They're known to be nippy so he was probably the culprit. Moving the angels works, too.

By tail, do you mean just half of the fin was missing, or was actual flesh eaten off of the fish? If it's just the tail that's damaged, as long as the fish is in a healthy tank with good water parameters the fin should heal up without a problem. If the fish had more severe damage, he should really be in a hospital tank and be treated with antibiotics to prevent infection.

soada101 07-10-2008 12:18 PM

other

by tail i mean fin.. it doesnt apear to be any actual flesh eaten. so im looking at a good recovery??!?!?! i hope so.. those damn things are expensive!

bf2king 07-10-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markiee55
*sigh*

ur not very bright.

Markiee no need to be so rude.

Quote:

angel fish has been beaten up!!i have a lg pair that i just baught that were a breeding pair. in the tank i have 2 bala sharks about 4"& 5" 3 lg silver dollars. 1 rapheal catfish and 1 banded leporinus. oh and three pearl gourami. i have been keeping an eye on them to make sure all is well. it has seemed to be all good in the fish neighbor hood......i come home just now and literally half the tail off of a lg angelfish is gone. i have pics of when it was a full tail and now its half thats how i know for sure its GONE!!! any help please! let me know which one u may think it was because i have another tank and im kicking his ass out!:

Please reframe from cursing.