Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (
-   Saltwater Aquarium Equipment (
-   -   Wall Outlet? (

sergiotami 06-24-2008 01:27 PM

Wall Outlet?
What type of outlet should I have put in by an electrician to handle the lectrical needs/demands of the reef tank I'm setting up?....

klosxe 07-06-2008 11:34 AM

Well, since you haven't stated what size of tank you are setting up, or the type of lights you are going to be using, I don't have much info to answer you question properly. I have always used a basic GFI outlet, but the bigger lighting systems might require a special outlet.

sergiotami 07-08-2008 04:34 PM

Thank You.....Sorry about the lack of info....I'll be setting up a 90 gallon Oceanic tank with overflow that will run into a 30 gallon sump with heater and skimmer attached..I'd like to buy a 48" '' Metal Halide T5 HO Aquarium Light +Moon lights...I just wanted to know if a regular outlet can handle all this, plus the pump..... :)

klosxe 07-08-2008 05:06 PM

You will proably need a power strip or 2, plugged into your outlet. Make sure they are surge protected. then you should be able to plug in 12ish things no problem. Make sure your circuit breaker in the room is a little larger though. Good Luck. :)

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome