Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Cichlids (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/)
- - sick oscar? help!! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/sick-oscar-help-15396/)
sick oscar? help!!
my friend recently inherited an oscar (the person who lived in his apartment before him left it behind) the fish was rather neglected by the time he got it... it sppears to have ich and some fin rot (using stuff the pet store sold us but it isn't working) and now over the past few days his back fins are wearing down to bone and his side fins are seriously depleting. He also has weird white colouring in his eyes and seems to have mroe and more trouble seeing. any auggestions on how to help him?
first off and most importantly I would get the following at your local fish store;
1) a good liquid test kit. its hard to help too much without knowing the parameters of your tank.. primarily Ph, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.
2) a small thing of freshwater aquarium salt (thats what I personally use to treat ich). more information can be found here http://www.fishforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1648
3) a bottle of melafix, the stuff works wonders... its my personal preference
now what we need from you, besides those test parameters, is a description of the size of the tank, a description of the filtration system, and if at all possible pictures of the fish
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.