Gold FIsh (ICK)
I have treated my 10 gal tank for ick because all of them had it. I did this for about 4 days. Now all of them were clear until I noticed yesterday that one of them had some white spots on them, also his scales are coming off, what do I do for this one. I seprated him by himself for now. Also I was told by the pet store I should get some of those sucker fish to put in my tank, but I am not sure if I should, do you think I need them? As you can tell its my first time having a tank :). Thank you for any help.
We (anyone that would reply) absolutely require this info:
1. Size of aquarium (# of gallons)
2. Is your aquarium setup freshwater or brackish water?
3. How long the aquarium has been set up?
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know)
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium?
6. What temperature is the tank water currently?
7. What make/model filter are you using?
8. Are you using a CO2 unit?
9. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day?
10. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed?
11. How often do you perform water changes?
12. How often and what foods do you feed your fish?
13. What type of lighting are you using and how long is it kept on?
14. What specific concerns bring you here at this time?
15. What are your water parameters? Test your pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.
16. What test kit are you using and is it liquid or test strips?
17. When was the last time you bought a fish and how did they behave while in the pet store tank?
without all or at least most of this we cannot answer anything.
I am gonna try to answer all the question that were asked sorry i f I missed anything.
I have a 10 gallon tank
I set it up in March
I have 4 gold fish
No live plants
My water temperture is around 75
I use Tetra Whisper filters
They don't get any sunlight
Change water yesterday took out half
I feed them once a day with Wardley essentials falkes for gold fish
The light the tank came with
What brought me to this site is my fish had ick I treated it about 3 days ago all of them no longer had it then yesterday I found one that had spots again I separted that one and I look closer to see that the scales are coming off.
nitrite - 0
nitrate - 0
I use the test strips
When I got all the fish they were acting normal before they all went in the tank.
Welcome to fishforum!
You need to treat longer than 4 days even if you don't see anymore spots on the fish. There is still ich in the gravel or free swimming until it finds a host. The spots we see on the fish are just one form of it's life cycle. Treat for at least 7-10 days. Also, raising your tank temp (slowly) would help speed up the life cycle of the parasite but I've not kept goldfish and I'm not sure what temp would be safe for them. Here's a link to some info:
What are you using to treat the fish?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2