Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   ''jamaco'' shrimp (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/jamaco-shrimp-1505/)

trreherd 11-25-2006 02:01 PM

''jamaco'' shrimp

I bought two jamaco shrimp today i was in a rush and did not ask if they were peaceful but she said they were the small ones so i bought two for my 5 gallon tank. I was wondering If that is too many shrimp? Are they aggresive? will they bother my corry cat? How about my baby guppies?
To tell you the truth they scare me when i neted one it jumped!!

trreherd 11-25-2006 02:06 PM

Oh ya i also bought frozen bloodworms for my fish. Is that good for them?
I plan on feeding them the bloodworms like 3 times a week.

trreherd 11-25-2006 03:08 PM

hmmm
I tried to feed them to my fish but none of my fish ate them. Are they to big?

joeshmoe 11-25-2006 03:23 PM

im pretty sure jamaco are fine. as for blood worms that will great for the fish&shrimp but it can be messy.

crazie.eddie 11-25-2006 04:48 PM

I'm not familiar with Jamaco shrimp. Japanico (Caridina japonica) aka amano shrimp, yes. If this is what you meant, then bloodworms should be fine to feed on occassion. Make sure you feed it fish flakes as well. If it's not Japanico, could you post a picture of the shrimp?

trreherd 11-25-2006 05:24 PM

Yes crazy eddie thats the shrimp im talking about thats y i put it in ''quotes'' it has that stripe running down its back. No i can not post a pick cause i dont have a camera. Have any of you guys ever fed smaller fish bloodworms. Cause i bought two packs and it looks like my fish cant eat them whole i think next time im gunna trie smashing them up.

jsm11482 11-25-2006 09:38 PM

I have 16 amano shrimp in my 90gal, and they are great! Also, I feed my danios frozen brine shrimp and frozen mosquito larvae and they LOVE it! Look up your fish and see if they are omnivores or not.

joeshmoe 11-26-2006 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazie.eddie
I'm not familiar with Jamaco shrimp. Japanico (Caridina japonica) aka amano shrimp, yes. If this is what you meant, then bloodworms should be fine to feed on occassion. Make sure you feed it fish flakes as well. If it's not Japanico, could you post a picture of the shrimp?

yea i knew the name but didnt remember how to spell it :x

crazie.eddie 11-27-2006 01:23 PM

Amano shrimp are peaceful and are fine in your 5 gallon tank.

trreherd 11-27-2006 02:16 PM

''Amano shrimp are peaceful and are fine in your 5 gallon tank.''
I guess one of them did not agree with u crazyeddie because last night i heard a little splash and i turned my light on but did not see anything than this morning while i was getting ready for school I found 1 shrimp dead in the bathroom rite in front of the toilet :? How did that happen? how did he travel from my tank the the toilet? I guess he relly dident like my tank :(