Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/hello-14917/)

Jacko 05-23-2008 09:25 PM

Hello

Hey people!

My name is Alex, I am 14 (15 next week :P) and live in the Seattle area of Washington. I haven't any saltwater tanks yet, my parents have given me permission to set one up in my senior year of highschool, so only 3 more years! yay! I have 4 tanks up and running; a 75, a 38, a 19 and a 3 gallon.

Hope to help and be helped here! Cheers!
Alex :D

Amphitrite 05-24-2008 05:39 AM

Hello there Alex and welcome to the forum :wave:

willow 05-24-2008 11:04 AM

hello and welcom,hope you will be happy here with us.

okiemavis 05-24-2008 12:57 PM

Welcome Alex! Wow 14 years old and you've already contracted MTS (multiple tank syndrome). I'd love to see your house 20 years from now!

Jacko 05-24-2008 02:10 PM

Thanks for all the welcomes guys!

Quote:

Originally Posted by okiemavis
Welcome Alex! Wow 14 years old and you've already contracted MTS (multiple tank syndrome). I'd love to see your house 20 years from now!

That isn't the half of it, I am trying to get my parents to let me set up 2 10 gallons for rearing apisto fry and breeding sparkling gouramies or gertrude rainbows. And then I am going to be setting up a 20 gallon sometime this summer if I am lucky, and it will be a shelldweller, hopefully the gold ocellatus if my LFS still has them in the future.

Should I post a list of what fish I have in the tanks?

Cody 05-24-2008 03:08 PM

Hey Alex!

I'm 14 as well. Got 3 tanks, but they only add up to 45G (30FW, 10SW, 5FW). Parents wont let me get another, unless it is like a 2.5G betta tank for my desktop. :? . Better than nothing I suppose! See you around.

Jacko 05-25-2008 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cody
Hey Alex!

I'm 14 as well. Got 3 tanks, but they only add up to 45G (30FW, 10SW, 5FW). Parents wont let me get another, unless it is like a 2.5G betta tank for my desktop. :? . Better than nothing I suppose! See you around.

Lol, I have a 3 gallon Black Lace HM BF male betta on my desk and my parents didn't care, until I pointed out that that space would fit a 10 gallon perfectly, it is 20" long, 12 deep and I can adjust the shelf above it, man I wish my parents would let me but they keep saying it won't hold the weight. :roll: I can sit on it without it buckling, the wood slabs underneath are 1.5" thick. :lol: Silly parents...

Jacko 06-18-2008 12:51 AM

Just to say... I'm pretty sure that my parents are getting pretty close to letting me set up that 10 gallon. :lol: I would be breeding Tylomelania sp. and endlers in there to sell to the local stores, the idea of them not having to spend "their" money on my fish stuff if I have store credit appeals to them. All I have to do is clean off my desk. :wink: That is about a weeks task by itself.