Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Tropical Fish Diseases (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/)
- - Is my Betta Sick? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/my-betta-sick-14536/)
Is my Betta Sick?
I just wanted to know if my Betta would be considered sick.
Here are some signs of his behavior,
- Swims alot, back ad forth in the 29 gal.
- Flares to a mirror and the glass sometimes
- Eats eagerly at feeding time, betta pellets, flakes or blood worms, even tries to catch my sinking Cory pellets
- He is red, however when the light hits his scales, he shows some blue/green coloration
- The back part of his Anal Fin looks twisted, like a braid. Oher fins seem fine.
- His poop is kinda stringy.
- Once in a while (not often) he will lie on the bottom of the tank.
I am just trying to figure out if he is ok, because I am reading conflicting reports on various websites.
it sounds normal and happy to me, dont be worried, he is exibiting normal behavior sounds like to me
You said he is swimming around alot and being active right? if so then that is a good sign, if he/she is sick then they will not be as active.
and flaring shows that he is healthy, just not too much, if he continues to flare alot at the glass, you might want to put up a background or something dark to kinda dim his reflection. too much flaring is not good, but he sounds healthy to me, sorry for the numerous replys
stringy poop probebly means he is a bit constipated...try feeding him a pea..other than that he sounds like a happy boy!
Sounds good so far,
I was worried because of the stringy poop, his fin being twisted and him lying on the bottom sometimes.
I have a background, but I think he can see himself in it sometimes because he will flare at it, or he is flaring out the filter flow from my HOB filter, which is beside his chosen corner.
sounds like a healthy betta to me
It mostly sounds like a typical healthy betta to me. The only concern I would have is if he starts spending a lot of time lying around. My bettas that are in large tanks with other fish are very active swimmers but are just not as fast as most of the other fish.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.