hi need help
iam haveing prombles keeping ma fish alive after moveing them fron a smaller tank to a larger 1 but since the been in the larger tank they started dieing and i donn why i uused the water from the old tank and put fresh in to fill the tank i have to filters and a sump and the sump is well extablished so could any 1 tell me whats wrong
is there any wood or rocks in the new tank that wasn't in the old one ?
What size are the tanks? What fish?
Your tank is going through a cycle, the old water does not contain the bacteria that 'takes care of' fish waste. Your fish are suffering from ammonia poisoning, most likely. Were the filters on the old tank? Did you change any of the media in them?
Is your tank planted? Live plants will help a lot in sucking up ammonia/nitrite/nitrate. However you do need the proper light for plants to grow.
For now what you need to do are water changes of at least 50% daily, using a dechlorinator that renders ammonia non-toxic. Such as Prime by Seachem.
Do you have a test kit to test your water parameters?
Have a read through this article about the Cylce, which is what your tank is currently going through.
you mentioned that you are using a established sump from a old tank, this is good and should be a great jumpstart for your new tank. how big is the sump/new tank? the sump even though established may not of been enough to "insta" cycle the tank and you saw a spike in ammonia from adding all the new fish at once thus going with the ammonia poisioning from other reponses.
can you get a test of your ammonia nitrites and nitrates from the new larger tank?
is the water cloudy in the new larger tank?
was water conditioner used on the water in the new larger tank?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2