Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   Okay, so I'll admit this is not normal (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/okay-so-ill-admit-not-normal-1420/)

dprUsh83 11-18-2006 04:22 AM

Okay, so I'll admit this is not normal

I am browsing on eBay and I come across something that grossed me out, and then intrigued me. A medical school selling human skulls they are done with. So, obviously it is a huge :shock:, but the more I thought about it, the more I kind of thought it'd look kind of cool in a fish tank. :lol:

I'm curious, who would put this in their tank, given the opportunity. Remember, you'd have to boil it before you put it in the tank! :lol:

Link!

joeshmoe 11-18-2006 11:20 AM

eww y would u want that in your tank+who nos what they used on it. i would say hell no lol :lol: :lol: but i think u can buy fake ones a petsmart.

JouteiMike 11-18-2006 11:31 AM

I think that would look kind of cool. Especially with a bubble stone beneath it with a red light shooting up. Red bubbles coming out of the eyes. nose. and mouth muahahaha :twisted:

I have this model skull, pretty sure it's some kind of plastic, that I was really considering putting in my old 30G freshwater, but I decided not to. I wonder if a real skull would leach minerals into the aquarium.

joeshmoe 11-18-2006 11:42 AM

eww man i can see a fake skull but y a real one

JouteiMike 11-18-2006 12:05 PM

It's life size, and it looks more realistic. It's not that gross Joe...come on!

girlofgod 11-18-2006 01:10 PM

ima have to say, it must be a man thing...cuz that is disturbing...i can see the fake one...but come on, that USED TO BE SOMEBODY! LOL a real person...could you imagine having to explain THAT one to your friends when they were admiring your tank?..."hey, dude...cool skull you got there...almost looks real"....(enter you) "oh yeah? that's cuz it IS real..." ..(friends run screaming from your house never to return)

lol

JouteiMike 11-18-2006 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlofgod
ima have to say, it must be a man thing...cuz that is disturbing...i can see the fake one...but come on, that USED TO BE SOMEBODY! LOL a real person...could you imagine having to explain THAT one to your friends when they were admiring your tank?..."hey, dude...cool skull you got there...almost looks real"....(enter you) "oh yeah? that's cuz it IS real..." ..(friends run screaming from your house never to return)

lol

NO WAY, instead of the friend running and screaming, mine would be like "dude no way, that is sick!!!!"

Hey if it were my skull I wouldn't mind being with the fishes in their tank. Beats being locked in a cabinet used for study, or inside a rotting body underground.

girlofgod 11-18-2006 01:27 PM

lol...well...girls would anyway...he'd have a hard time getting u know what after that! lol j/k

love_my_fish 11-18-2006 02:06 PM

ok, you guys are freaks...

hoever, what disturbs me more is the fact that the medical school is selling the skulls. Are these skulls that people "donated to science"? If so, it doesn't seem right that they sell these off to people for non science purposes. I don't think ending up in a fish tank would be the worst thing, but who is buying them and why??

dprUsh83 11-18-2006 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by love_my_fish
ok, you guys are freaks...

hoever, what disturbs me more is the fact that the medical school is selling the skulls. Are these skulls that people "donated to science"? If so, it doesn't seem right that they sell these off to people for non science purposes. I don't think ending up in a fish tank would be the worst thing, but who is buying them and why??

If you'll notice on the ebay listing it says "for medical purposes only", which will protect them from any legal problems and if it became an issue the person who purchased the skull would be in the negative I suppose.

For the record, I have no desire to buy it. :lol:

...I'd rather have my skull in a fish tank than a coffin, though! :twisted: