Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (
-   -   Automatic water mixer (

jsm11482 04-28-2008 03:56 PM

Automatic water mixer
Anyone know where I can find (online) a device to which you attach cold and hot water inputs and you set the desired temperature and it mixes the inputs and outputs water at the desired temperature? Can't seem to find one, maybe it doesn't exist....

Flashygrrl 04-28-2008 05:32 PM

I don't think they exist...yet.

EchoEcho 04-29-2008 12:27 PM

An interesting concept, but the flaw I can see is where would you get both a cold and hot water input.

Every faucet I have ever seen only has one spout, which mixes the cold and hot before it come out (depending on how much you turn each on).

Seems to me that the device you seek already exists as the common faucet.. all you need is a thermometer to put under the running water, then play with the hot and cold until t reach the desired temp.

jsm11482 04-29-2008 12:31 PM

Before the lines get to the faucet you can install this device. Then it would have a standard "garden hose" attachment or something. it would interrupt the flow to the faucet and mix the water and shoot it out the output, keeping it at the set temperature as much as possible.

EchoEcho 04-29-2008 12:36 PM

That would be possible, especially if you have flex tube plumbing lines (as most new houses do). If you have copper lines straight to your sink, it could get a little more involved, unless ofcourse you have some plumbing experience.

jsm11482 04-29-2008 12:39 PM


herefishy 04-29-2008 03:17 PM

Yes, it is called a temperature contol valve. They have been around for years. However, I have never seen or heard of one that attatches to a faucet. Some are integrated into a faucet. You see them alot in places like nursingf homes, hospitals, schools, public resterrooms.... They are usually hard piped into the water supply lines and then fed to a supply faucet. I have installed one in the service room of my 720g set at 80-82 degrees Fahrenheit for water changes. It a fauctet type with hose connections. If you use one, make sure to add a shutoff valve ahead of the valve on both the hot and cold supply lines in case you have to replace it, Zurn, Peerless, Kohler and others manufacture the valve. They can be found at most reputable plumbing supply houses.

jsm11482 04-29-2008 03:38 PM

Nice, can you link me to the one you have?

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome