Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Fish Breeding (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/fish-breeding/)
-   -   Successful birth - just sharing the joy! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/fish-breeding/successful-birth-just-sharing-joy-14139/)

LHughes77 04-26-2008 06:34 PM

Successful birth - just sharing the joy!

I just want to announce that I now (finally) have my baby fry. We were able to find 13 before they were eaten, but 1 died yesterday - they were born on 4/24/08. Now we have 12 Lyretail Cremecicle Molly fry in our little breeder tank. I am very excited to be raising fry and we are now in the process of purchasing a 55 gallon in case they all survive!

Please help me welcome my tiny additions to my tank family!

Lisa
20 gallon
4 - Dalmation Molly (raised from fry)
3 - Lyretail Cremecicle Molly
3 - Red Danio
1 - Rainbow Shark
1 - Striped Rachel Catfish
4 - Ghost Shrimp
12 - Lyretail Cremecicle Molly Fry - born 4/24/08

Cody 04-26-2008 06:36 PM

Congratulations! :)

I remember when I got my first platy babies, and it wasnt too lnog ago. They get very cute when they develop their color, and they grow very fast. Have fun taking care of them!

dodgeboy 04-26-2008 11:43 PM

congrats soon you shall be overun... i have a tank full of molly/guppy fry now also a tank with electric yellow fry and darn hap 44 is now holding in a third tank.o well good reason to buy more tanks.

Meredythdin 04-27-2008 06:30 PM

Congratulations! I was just lusting after the gorgeous cremecicles today at the store!

We released six of our ten black mollie fry into the main tank today and I'm a nervous wreck. They are so sweet, aren't they? :D

LHughes77 04-27-2008 07:30 PM

Well, due to the birth of our fry, we went out last night and bought a 47-gallon bow front. It is so so so nice and looks so massive compared to the tiny 20-gallon we've had for almost a year now. I am anxious to move the other fish into the bigger tank so the little fry can have one of their own. As hard as it is, I will do my best to wait until the tank is cycled before I move the others. Luckily, I don't feel the fry are ready to be released on their own so that will help keep me from rushing.

Lisa
20-gallon
4 Dalmation Molly
3 Lyretail Cremecicle Molly
3 Red Danio
1 Rainbow Shark
1 Striped Rachel Catfish
4 Ghost Shrimo
12 Cremecicle Molly Fry - born 4/24/08

47-gallon bow front being cycled

southafrica1001 04-28-2008 09:38 AM

CONGRATULATIONS i love watching my fry grow my first fry have been added into my bigger tank now and its nice to see them with the adults. good luck :D

willow 04-29-2008 03:19 AM

aww congrats :)
i remember my first fry.........
i nearly fell on the floor.it was a brand new(literally)tank
and there were platy fry.
provide plenty hiding places,real plants,silk plants,caves,
if you don't like the look of caves and rock formations,you can always
put plants infront of them.
good luck with the babies. :)