Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Cyprinids and Atherinids (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cyprinids-atherinids/)
- - Glo fish questions, set up questions, cycling QUESTIONS>> (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cyprinids-atherinids/glo-fish-questions-set-up-questions-14053/)
Glo fish questions, set up questions, cycling QUESTIONS>&
My 13 year old daughter has caught my aquatic fever. She has maintained a betta in a 2 gallon bowl for a while now and is doing excellent with feeding and water changes. She has room on her desk for a small aquarium and is wanting some pink glo fish.
1. Are glo fish dyed?
2. What is the smallest aquarium that will hold a cycle? I want her to do a fishless cycle to teach her about the nitrogen cycle. We are thinking of going with a 5 gallon bow front.
3. How many glo fish can she put in , and are they hardy fish?
4. any suggestion on other fish to stock if not glo fish
Glo-fish aren't died, they're genetically modified zebra danio. I'm not sure they are *quite* as hardy as the normal ones, but I don't think they're particularly fragile.
Since they are danios, you need at least a 20 gallon for a few of them since they like to swim around like crazy. Unfortunately, not much will fit into a 5 gallon. If you can do a 10 gallon then you could keep some cories or a few tetras (cories don't do well during cycling so fishless is a good choice too)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.