Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   Rumor has it ... (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/rumor-has-140489/)

tanked 03-30-2013 10:16 AM

Rumor has it ...

... (heard on another site) Petco is having their dollar a gallon sale starting March 31. Like I said, strictly hearsay but thought some might want to try and find out early if it's going on.
Posted via Mobile Device

fish keeper 2013 03-30-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanked (Post 1587633)
... (heard on another site) Petco is having their dollar a gallon sale starting March 31. Like I said, strictly hearsay but thought some might want to try and find out early if it's going on.
Posted via Mobile Device

As in a 10 gallon basic tank will cost $10? What about starter kits?

tanked 03-30-2013 10:45 AM

Yes to the ten for ten but not kits. They go on sale separately and if you back out the cost of the extras in the kits on sale, the tanks can even be less than a dollar per gallon. But if you want to upgrade lights or filter from the kit, the dollar per gallon is the way to go. Usually it's just the 10 - 55 gallons and may be store specific as to which ones. The twenty gallon tall has not been included at my local Petco. Forty gallon breeders are a great deal if you're in the market for those.

flvol77 04-01-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanked (Post 1587633)
Posted via Mobile Device

Its 100% true, bought my 55 gallon on Sunday for $55 bucks, you need to have Petco Pals card.

Its from 10 to 55 gallons.

Kuddos 2 U 04-02-2013 08:55 AM

You guys are sooo lucky to have a Petco around where you guys live. My nearest Petco is 200 miles away from my live which really makes me mad :evil: because I can only go to petsmart and my petsmart doesn't even have the same things as the other petsmart that is also 200 miles away. For instance, they can sell golden apple snails and all the other kinds at the one that is 200 miles away from me, but why can't they sell them to at the petsmart that is closest to me.:-( If you want to here some more things about my local petsmart and some sad snail stories that came from mine, PM me.

rexpepper651 04-02-2013 06:22 PM

i got a 55 gallon with an acrylic stand for 60 dollars off craigslist way better deal then petcos dollar a gallon :P

flvol77 04-02-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rexpepper651 (Post 1624241)
i got a 55 gallon with an acrylic stand for 60 dollars off craigslist way better deal then petcos dollar a gallon :P

I also got ripped off on craigslist, IMO as a beginner I should have taken the advice from a friend who has 11 tanks....his advice, buy your tank new and search for other stuff on ebay, craiglist and amazon. Now if I was an expert or down the road things maybe different, just my take..

Ebay and Amazon are my friend....I like to buy new, I just don't like to pay retail.

boxercrazy156 04-06-2013 10:21 AM

I bought both my tanks on kijiji the first one I got ripped off on she lied about the size and when I got it home and measured it it was smaller then I thought lesson learned but other then that it was fine still running fine the second one my 120 gallon this time I went prepared with measureing tape and all but by now I new the difference and I coould tell they were not lying about the aquarium I paid $450.00 for the tank stand lids and lights cannister filter and heater. I threw the heater out I would never trust a used heater plus it was a glass cheapie and I have titanium steel with seperate thermometer and never used the lights since I wanted a planted tank I bought a light fixture on ebay that cost $500.00 at Big Als for $139.00 on ebay with 20 dollars shipping