I was wondering if someone could supply me with a few reputable websites, that would sate my hunger for knowledge on Kuhli Loaches...
Re: Researching Loaches
What does CPD stand for(as in the fish)?
I intend on putting in 3 Kuhli loaches in my 10 gallon, how many zebra danios can I add with them?
3 kuhlis is not enough. I would keep 4-6 in a 15g minimum. Zebra danios appreciate a spacious room which a 10g unfortunately cannot provide. You are better off with the CPD's.
1. So 4 Kuhli's should be alright in a 10 gallon?
2. Wouldn't adding more be exceding the bioload?
3. How many CPD's will it take to satisfy their shoaling characteristics
4. Celestial Pearl Danio's, if unavailable at my LFS, can you make any other suggestions, or do you think I should just leave it at Kuhli's?
2. It's more the space than the bioload that is the concern as most of the fish you have hardly are heavy waste producers. It will also depend on the amount of foods you provide them.
3. I'd keep 6-8 in there.
4. My other suggestions would be Iriatherina werneri, Pseudomugil furcatus, Barbus jae, Nannostomus beckfordi, Barbus titteya and sparkling gouramis (Trichopsis pumila). Why I mentioned them in scientific names is because I hate common names as they are often shared by a lot of fish.
I've finally decided on 4 Kuhli loaches and 6 CPD's. I went to the LFS today and they had them in a tank with Zebra Danios, but were only labelled as pearl danio's, same thing isn't it?
Thanks for the help Lupin, your a true Loachaholic... :wink:
Zebras are different from pearls.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2