Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater and Tropical Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/)
-   -   Whats the best food for livebearer fry (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/whats-best-food-livebearer-fry-136881/)

silvershark 03-25-2013 02:48 PM

Whats the best food for livebearer fry
 
Hi
i have about 20- three week old guppies
i have been feeding them on finely powdered nutrafin max tropical fish food what would be the next best food for to give them ? They all seem very healthy so far.
Ph 7.2
ammonia 0 ppm
nitrite 0 ppm
nitrate 5.0

THANK YOU.

mikey1 03-25-2013 04:02 PM

what you are doing is fine

Byron 03-25-2013 05:36 PM

Agree. Good quality flake foods are very nutritious, and livebearer fry are usually greedy eaters.

I personally have switched to mainly New Spectrum flake and pellet foods, with some Omega One and Hikari. I still use the Nutrafin Max sinking pellet food as the corys and loaches seem to really like this.

Byron.

fish keeper 2013 03-25-2013 07:28 PM

I heard that home bred BBS are the "ultimate" food for guppy fry.
Posted via Mobile Device

mikey1 03-29-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byron (Post 1541993)

I personally have switched to mainly New Spectrum flake and pellet foods, with some Omega One and Hikari. I still use the Nutrafin Max sinking pellet food as the corys and loaches seem to really like this.

Byron.

i used to use omega one but recently switched to tetraMin, what do u think is better?

probably both equally as good?

Byron 03-29-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey1 (Post 1576945)
i used to use omega one but recently switched to tetraMin, what do u think is better?

probably both equally as good?

I base my use on what other members here have posted, and in past threads the New Life Spectrum, Hikari and Omega One always had top billing. Some say NLS is sufficient on its own. I use the other two simply because they provide some type that is unique. I like the Omega shrimp pellets that sink for catfish and loaches, for example. And the Hikari mini floating pellets seem more palatable to my fish than the NLS that sink faster.

Rip 03-30-2013 01:28 AM

Hikari First Bites

it's a very fine powder. costs about $5 or less for a pouch of it. i had platy fry and they loved it.

Romad 03-30-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip (Post 1586130)
Hikari First Bites

it's a very fine powder. costs about $5 or less for a pouch of it. i had platy fry and they loved it.

I like the First Bites too and also fed baby brine shrimp.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2