Tropical Fish Keeping banner

betta with bump

4K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  JMeenen 
#1 ·
I have 2 Bettas in a divided 5 gallon tank, One has a bump on his body near his tail. I want to treat him with Tetracycline, will the treatment have an adverse affect on the other Betta who has nothing wrong with him? Should I remove one while treating with antibiotics? Please let me know if anyone has any experience with this.

#3 ·
Thanks ...he seems fine, has good color , swims fine, eats like a horse ( a small one) ..it does not seem to affect him at all...when I got my second Betta , one day while I was at work the new guy somehow got around the divider and bit my Steele's tail up...his tail grew back to the way it was before but this bump on his body developed right there where his tail attaches to his body..and it's been like that ever since. :(

#7 ·
it started right after his tail was bit..his tail looks just like before now..all grew back as beautiful as ever....it's hard to describe...wish I could get a picture...bump is definatly on his body..I was thinking he may have gotten bit there too and there is some kind of infection eventhough it is healed over...water is clean,clear....regular water changes, levels all great..other guy is fine...thats why I'm thinking I'll take him out and treat with antibiotic..or maybe use Bettafix or BettaMax...do you have any experience using these products?

#13 ·
I have 2 Veiltail one is steel blue,the other is as close to purple as I have ever seen with white fins( Butterfly), 3 Crown tails two reds and a blue, 2 females one is like a rose color and the other is blue, 1 Mustard gas (weird Color) greenish/yellow half moon..and when I came into work today there were 2 more on my desk ( a student must have left them here) looks like a female and a male both blue wild types. So now I have 9....I'm Loosing count!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.