Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   yah more tanks (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/yah-more-tanks-13536/)

dodgeboy 04-05-2008 03:31 PM

yah more tanks

so today i picked up a used 35 hex and a smaller 10 gal hex now that makes an even 12. should i go for the lucky 13? wife talking about leaving if i come home with another one, so .....

SST 04-05-2008 04:31 PM

depending on the state of your marriage, that next one could be the lucky 13 or the unlucky 13. :lol: :lol: :lol:

okiemavis 04-05-2008 04:49 PM

Hmm, would it be wrong to rent a secret apartment for your fish instead of your mistress? I too want more tanks, but the boyfriend seems to think that just because there is a bare wall, doesn't mean a tank should go there. I'm just hoping he'll eventually contract MTS from living with me for too long.

dodgeboy 04-05-2008 05:21 PM

im really lucky wife seems to tolerate my addiction. she said no more after the second, third then i bought six at once. then the six foot long 120 almost sealed my fate. for a while thought i was going to end up in the tank. lol

Lupin 04-06-2008 07:44 AM

I have five at the moment with two empty (one not exactly empty but I have Pomacea canaliculata snails there).:sarcastic: Used to have 6 a few years back. Still have two ponds. I'm getting more tanks soon but they'll mostly be 10g. Can't go wrong with more though. I can always use them for some exotic fish to boot.

herefishy 04-06-2008 09:21 AM

Hmmmm..... Momma said no more tanks over 100 tanks ago. lol She's still here. But I think I've finally reached MY limit. Any more tanks and I'll have to move just to have room for a bed. It's not quite that bad,......yet.

okiemavis 04-06-2008 11:49 AM

But that's not fair, you breed, so when you get another tank, you can hide behind the work excuse! I keep talking about becoming a breeder and my BF thinks that's totally cool, I can justify I gigantic fish room if I make money off of it. But alas, that is far off.

Monsterpony 04-07-2008 02:12 AM

I just picked up my fourth tank this evening, a 75 gallon. That's three new tanks (242 total gallons) in less than one month...this is my new obsession.

Lupin 04-07-2008 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herefishy
Hmmmm..... Momma said no more tanks over 100 tanks ago. lol She's still here. But I think I've finally reached MY limit. Any more tanks and I'll have to move just to have room for a bed. It's not quite that bad,......yet.

How many times has she repeated her warnings so far, Bob?:P You seem to keep adding tanks despite her warnings.:crazy:

okiemavis 04-07-2008 07:15 PM

My problem is that I keep thinking I got myself a good deal on a tank, and then going out and spending $200 on lighting. But it's oh so worth it.