something wrong with my Bolivian ram
1. Size of aquarium (# of gallons)240 litres
2. Is your aquarium setup freshwater or brackish water?freshwater
3. How long the aquarium has been set up?6months
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know)2 gourami,2Bolivian rams,3brittlenose catfish,4platies,6guppies,8neon tetras,2swordtails,5serpae tetras,2silver sharks,1red tail shark
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium?yes
6. What temperature is the tank water currently?26 degrees
7. What make/model filter are you using?SunSun build in
8. Are you using a CO2 unit?no
9. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day?no
10. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed?5 days ago about 15%
11. How often do you perform water changes?once a week
12. How often and what foods do you feed your fish?flakes,pallets,blood worms(once or twice a week)and once a moths brine shrimp
13. What type of lighting are you using and how long is it kept on?it has built in lighting(red and white) for 7 hours a day
14. What specific concerns bring you here at this time?
15. What are your water parameters? Test your pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate-everything is fine but nitrate is between 20-40ppm
16. What test kit are you using and is it liquid or test strips?liquid
17. When was the last time you bought a fish and how did they behave while in the pet store tank? 3 days ago with normal behavior
My concerns are about my Bolivian ram .He or she changed by sitting at one spot for a while and then becoming normal again but the main concern is that something comes out from her bottom and it looks like tiny red spikes(like red thin needles) at least four or five of them and I noticed just yesterday and they are still there.It makes me really worried so if you could help me identify what it could be I would be really happy.I tried to take a photo but you wouldn't see it anyway.Thank you
Sounds like an intrernal parasite. You can feed medcated flakes or use a parasite remedy. RE: http://www.fishforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=10716
IT'S A CAMALLANUS worms so I have long way to go still
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.