Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   I cant make a decision !!!! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/i-cant-make-decision-131056/)

bayhay69 03-07-2013 09:34 PM

I cant make a decision !!!!

I just got a 60 ish gallon ( I think) either that or a 55. I'm settin it up now. I just am havin problems deciding what to put in it. I LOVE the look of the Black Morrs and the Fancy goldfish. I know they grow pretty big, so I probably would only get maybe 2 of each.
Or some Cichlids. I LOVE those Blood Parrot Cichlids !!! But, dont Cichlids hide alot in their little hidey holes ?
Does any one own both, and can lead me in a direction to help me make my mind up ?:-?

MoneyMitch 03-07-2013 09:37 PM

no experience with parrots of any type of goldfish, but all the cichlids ive ever had are awesome and full of personality, some good hidey hooles you can see into are some mason jars, fish love em but you can still see em. if your looking for some super active fish look at eletric blue johannis, amazing looking fish but very aggressive. but their shows of courtship and territorial postures along with all their digging is just so awesome to watch.

Olympia 03-07-2013 09:41 PM

Bahahahah I have goldfish and cichlids. But I don't have that much experience with Africans.
I vote goldfish, you could do up to 5 fancies in your tank with good filtration. :-)
I saw you already commented on my goldfish tank, so I will leave you with these videos. :) Can't do this so much with cichlids, I don't think!

goldies1.mp4 Video by worldlyaffections | Photobucket

goldies.mp4 Video by worldlyaffections | Photobucket

ALSO, you may want to read this about parrot cichlids:
http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.u...t.php?sid=5504
(I know goldfish are sort of deformed too, yea, but I don't really support those show quality extremes either)

MoneyMitch 03-07-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympia (Post 1459225)
Bahahahah I have goldfish and cichlids. But I don't have that much experience with Africans.
I vote goldfish, you could do up to 5 fancies in your tank with good filtration. :-)
I saw you already commented on my goldfish tank, so I will leave you with these videos. :) Can't do this so much with cichlids, I don't think!

goldies1.mp4 Video by worldlyaffections | Photobucket

goldies.mp4 Video by worldlyaffections | Photobucket

ALSO, you may want to read this about parrot cichlids:
What have we done? The Parrot cichlid | Blog | Practical Fishkeeping
(I know goldfish are sort of deformed too, yea, but I don't really support those show quality extremes either)

wow how cool, its almost like they come up to your hand to be petted, so neat!!

bayhay69 03-07-2013 10:26 PM

Olympia, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PUTTIN those VIDEOS ON HERE !!!!! Your little guys are just the CUTEST !!!! They seem to LOVE to be touched by you !!! You can tell they LOVE their "person" !!!
Money Mitch, thanks also for your answer !!! There are sure alot of colors of Cichlids to choose from !!! I LOVE the yellow ones !! But, the Goldies are mighty high on my list. :-)

jentralala 03-07-2013 10:55 PM

If I was in your shoes I'd go for Goldies. It always warms my heart to see someone take care of them properly, they're such sweet fish :) I wish I had room for some.

nicolaas 03-07-2013 11:15 PM

Personally I'd stay away from Parrot cichlids.

Goldfish would look great,but maintenance is higher cause they poop allot.

You could get some Angelfish, corydoras and a few Stick catfish (Farlowella acus) and have a nice planted tank,which is not possible with goldfish.

You have more possibilities in a tropical tank than in a cold water tank.

Nicolaas.