Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Planted Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/)
-   -   Where to buy plants online? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/where-buy-plants-online-130973/)

BarbH 03-07-2013 01:33 AM

Where to buy plants online?

I was wondering what places online do people use for ordering plants? Looking for pieces that offer good prices and a decent selection. In the past I had used set aquatics, but it looks like after all the problems that they had they closed down. Thanks.

Strand 03-07-2013 01:36 AM

Surprisingly: Ebay.

I just ordered quite a few plants from there from various vendors. No problems.

I also just used Bobs Tropical Plants. No complaints, received exactly what I ordered.

rexpepper651 03-07-2013 01:37 AM

AquariumPlants.com great selection good value for wonderful plants. i had great looking plants from there till my fish ate everything but the jungle val. haha

armymp327 03-07-2013 01:59 AM

ive heard good things about liveaquaria.com though ive never used it myself

MoneyMitch 03-07-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rexpepper651 (Post 1458001)
AquariumPlants.com great selection good value for wonderful plants. i had great looking plants from there till my fish ate everything but the jungle val. haha

+1 great shipping and packageing

rexpepper651 03-08-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoneyMitch (Post 1458691)
+1 great shipping and packageing

since i live so close to where its shipped from i get next day shipping for the same cost as 2nd day.:thumbsup:

MoneyMitch 03-08-2013 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rexpepper651 (Post 1459452)
since i live so close to where its shipped from i get next day shipping for the same cost as 2nd day.:thumbsup:

lucky! im jealous!!!

LadyKeiva 03-08-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbH (Post 1457995)
I was wondering what places online do people use for ordering plants? Looking for pieces that offer good prices and a decent selection. In the past I had used set aquatics, but it looks like after all the problems that they had they closed down. Thanks.

I've had good luck on AquaBid. Used Mikeswetpets and P_volitan, received nice looking plants from both. Both had great communication as well. You can bid/buyout stuff of theirs and then you can email them add more plants or customize your order.

erinbirdsong 03-08-2013 12:14 PM

We got ours from Liveaquaria. They have done wonderful. We bought the low light mediium plant pack it was like $ 45 and has lots of plants and in the 5 weeks or so we have had them they have tripled in size.

rockhound 03-08-2013 01:54 PM

I'll third the recommendation for Aquariumplants.com. Great selection for great prices. I found their shipping to be a bit expensive though. I live in California and I think they ship from South Dakota(?) so the shipping was not cheap. I spent almost as much on the shipping as I did the plants. I might have gotten better value for my money if I ordered more than $35 worth of plants though. Next time I buy plants online I'll probably try Aquabid.