Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   Thought of how to get my new tank set up quicker (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/thought-how-get-my-new-tank-130815/)

Molinious 03-05-2013 04:54 PM

Thought of how to get my new tank set up quicker

Iv been trawling a few sites for cheap tanks to buy, turn into full setups and sell on for more, i think its a nice way of raising the funds i need for my new tank and stand.

The latest iv seen is a 22" tank with a twin T8 lighting ( which i want) a full nutrafin master testing kit, filter heater stand the lot! Nice and cheap.

Id take out the T8 twin and put it into new one, in the meantime id swap the 2 singles on my current tanks and use the twin for both, then put a single on with it with the current tube as part of the new setup to sell on.

Also found an even cheaper tank with just a hood, make that into a full setup and use the 2nd tube and 2nd single starter to go with it.

Good idea??

MoneyMitch 03-05-2013 06:05 PM

all comes down if ytou can get stuff for the right price and have the time to flip it and meet up with the people willing to buy. i did this for a while and trust me it gets old fast, but then again i was able to get the4 things i needed along the way.

Molinious 03-05-2013 06:07 PM

true but only want it to get my new one going

MoneyMitch 03-05-2013 06:11 PM

well if your up for it then id say go for it. nothing like getting free stuff and making a little cash on the side.

Molinious 03-05-2013 06:12 PM

very true that

I havent even got hold of of the set ups yet and might have a buyer for it already, with profit

MoneyMitch 03-05-2013 06:15 PM

lol nice, i know our CL here goes in spurts, some weeks theres nothing but tons of 55gals going for cheap, the next week everyone looking for 55gals and paying top dollar. gotta watch the market lol

SeaHorse 03-05-2013 06:17 PM

Sadly it's a lot of time and gas and money running around collecting items to try to resell to someone else. For some reason people want full set ups for dirt cheap. I wish you luck but I'm not sure how far you can go with it. I don't mean to be a pessimist but I know how much time I've spent trying to find a 2nd set up dirt cheap myself cause it should cost WAY less then a brand new system and it's hard to find them cheap. Good Luck to you!!

Molinious 03-05-2013 06:18 PM

i offer alot less than they advertise for and end up paying a price i wouldnt pay more than anyway, go low, they meet half way and end up exactly where you want

rexpepper651 03-08-2013 01:35 AM

sounds like what me an one of my buddies does. we buy or get couches off craigslist for free or extremely cheap. throw the seat covers in the washer and re-sell. easily make over 1200 a month. hahaha