Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Saltwater Journals (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/saltwater-journals/)
-   -   New Video (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/saltwater-journals/new-video-13059/)

SKAustin 03-19-2008 05:21 AM

New Video

Well, Here's my first attempt at a compilation video. Hope you all like it.

SKAustin's 55 Gallon Reef

Mike 03-19-2008 07:06 AM

Awesome video, Steve! I love the time lapse of the tube worm opening. (That is time lapse, right? I imagine they don't open that quickly). I also like the shot shortly after it of the dragonet "raising" it's top fin. Interesting music, too. It's a rendition of Canon D, right? It may be the most subtle version I've heard - I almost didn't recognize it. I like your hermit crab with the striped legs. Beautiful, healthy looking fish and coral. This made me want a reef again. :)

willow 03-19-2008 11:21 AM

wonderful,thank you so much for sharing,
the corals are fantastic,i don't know anything about corals
so i hope you can forgive me loving the white thing
that looks like tiny fingers grabbing particals in the water. :oops:
:)

SKAustin 03-19-2008 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Administrator
Awesome video, Steve! I love the time lapse of the tube worm opening. (That is time lapse, right? I imagine they don't open that quickly). I also like the shot shortly after it of the dragonet "raising" it's top fin. Interesting music, too. It's a rendition of Canon D, right? It may be the most subtle version I've heard - I almost didn't recognize it. I like your hermit crab with the striped legs. Beautiful, healthy looking fish and coral. This made me want a reef again. :)

Actually Mike, Its not time lapse. That's how fast it opens. Im hoping to get some better footage and remake a few parts. and Yes, that is George Winston's "Variations on the Canon" from the "December" album.

Quote:

Originally Posted by willow
wonderful,thank you so much for sharing,
the corals are fantastic,i don't know anything about corals
so i hope you can forgive me loving the white thing
that looks like tiny fingers grabbing particals in the water. :oops:
:)

Thanks Willow, The coral to which you refer is the "Pulsing Xenia"

Mike 03-20-2008 07:41 AM

I'm surprised they open that fast! I guess I was incorrectly thinking of it like a flower blooming, which I've often seen recorded using time lapse photography. I thought it may have been a process that took an hour or so. That's wild!

Amphitrite 03-20-2008 03:50 PM

Everything about that video is just beautiful - the tank, the music and the fish! Thanks for sharing, it's lovely :)

Cody 03-20-2008 05:13 PM

Lovely. Absolutely lovely. I love your set-up and tank. Very beautiful.

Are those clowns and Firefish pairs? They were near each other the whole video.

I love the shot with the Pulsing Zenia pulsing, the opening of the Tube Worm, and the pictures of both tangs with the clowns. :)

SKAustin 04-02-2008 07:03 PM

Thanks Kate, Thanks Cody. And yes, they are both pairs. No eggs yet tho. fingers crossed.

FishGirl 05-24-2008 04:13 AM

Wow! You did a great job. Thank you for sharing with us! :D

iamntbatman 05-24-2008 03:14 PM

Cool video. I definitely want to do a reef setup one day.