Chinese Algae Eaters
1. Size of tank? 400 litres
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? Fine
b. Nitrite? Don't know
c. Nitrate? Don't know
d. pH, KH and GH? Spot on
e. Test kit? Yes
3. Temperature? 27
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? FW
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 2 months
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? Killies (3 * 6 cm), Neon Tetras (15 * 2 cm), Glo Danios (10 * 3 cm), Siamese Algae Eaters (3 * 4 cm), Chinese Algae Eaters (5 * 4cm)
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? No
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? It's a planted tank with forced CO2.
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? Amazon soil
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? Wood
9. a. Filtration? Eheim IPX4
b. Heater? Yes
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? Two 6,500, two 2,500 fluoros
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? No
11. a. Water change schedule? Has been almost daily, 20%, last week has dropped back to each two days
b. Volume of water changed? 20%
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? Water from perfectly functioning aquaponics system (about 50 fish - no abnormalities)
d. Water conditioner used? UV
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? Not done
12. Foods? Flake, bloodworms, and pellets
How often are they fed? 2 to 3 times a day
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? only the colour as per photo
b. Appearance of poop? Normal I think
c. Appearance of gills? See photos
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? I had a problem with neons and treated successfully with Nika General Aid
b. What meds were used? Nika General Aid
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.
Err... are you trying to ask a question?
Whoops! Yes the question is do they look normal? They seem to be changing olour.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yep, they become quite dark as they mature, so this is entirely normal. They also become fairly large, up to 1' in length and aggressive as well.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2