Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Tropical Fish Diseases (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/)
-   -   My cory got bitten on the tail and its getting worse not better? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/my-cory-got-bitten-tail-its-129215/)

KellyL 02-18-2013 01:39 PM

My cory got bitten on the tail and its getting worse not better?

Hi guys!
About a month ago when I introduced my new Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish one of them bit one of my cory on the tail. It was touch and go wether the rainbowfish would go back or not but they calmed down eventually.

Anyway I was expecting the wound to heal and the tail grow back but it hasnt, the chunk missing seems to have gotten bigger and the area around it looks 'thick' if that makes sense. I had my betta (different tank) clamp his fins once but it doesnt look like that.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have a small tank that finished cycling this weekend so he could do in there for a bit but he would have to go alone and I know they like to be in groups and are sensitive to treatments so I'm a bit worried anything I will do will kill him!

Thanks guys!

FishyFishy89 02-18-2013 02:54 PM

Have you seen any other aggression from the rainbow fish?

KellyL 02-18-2013 02:59 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

KellyL 02-18-2013 03:02 PM

There was some chasing in the first week, and another cory got a chunk taken out of its fin that's why it was touch and go weather they would go back to the store but it was just for the first week - they are ok now. I don't think its taken another bite out of him.
Posted via Mobile Device

FishyFishy89 02-18-2013 03:04 PM

And no aggression from any other fish in the tank?

Have you taken any water tests? What were the results?

KellyL 02-18-2013 03:13 PM

No nothing from the other fish. Water tests are fine, can't remember (I write them in a book because I forget) but I didn't need to do anything so all god!
Posted via Mobile Device

FishyFishy89 02-18-2013 03:17 PM

Maybe a picture will give a better idea on what maybe going on....

KellyL 02-18-2013 03:26 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

KellyL 02-18-2013 03:27 PM

I really don't think that's going to happen! But I will try :/
Posted via Mobile Device

KellyL 02-24-2013 12:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok I finally got pictures, I've had to move him to an empty tank because his tail is getting worse and he has now ripped his mouth.
Any suggestions for him? I know they are very sensitive to chemicals and salt so I'm at a loss!
He doesnt seem to be doing very well in the new tank either, he doesnt move around a lot and seems really sick. I dont know if he is missing his friends, is really ill or if he is just resting and enjoying the time-out.