My beloved goldfish has swallowed a rock! Help!
I have a 10 year old feeder goldfish and he has swallowed a piece of the gravel from his tank. He periodically does this gag thing (like he's coughing almost), but can't dislodge it. He often has them stuck in his mouth but has never swallowed one. I picked him up and looked in his mouth but couldn't see the rock. What should I do??
Goldfish will sometimes swallow rocks in order to grind up the food in their gullet. I would actually be surpised if it hadn't swallowed them before.
Hopefully this time it didn't get stuck in his throat. As long as he eats I wold say he should be fine. Other than that I don't know what to tell you.
If you can't see it there isn;t much you could do. My 7" goldfish swallowed a cory. Took me an hour to kill/cut up the corry to get it out.
Ugh. Goldies and cories shouldn't be kept together anyways. They each require a much different temp than the other (just a side note).
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.