Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater Aquarium Equipment (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-aquarium-equipment/)
-   -   Water inside heater normal? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-aquarium-equipment/water-inside-heater-normal-127203/)

bebopbop 01-28-2013 09:31 PM

Water inside heater normal?

Hi everyone!

I've just installed a new heater into my tropical tank and there's some water condensation inside the actual glass part. Just wondering if this is normal?

Thanks!

madyotto 01-29-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bebopbop (Post 1410381)
Hi everyone!

I've just installed a new heater into my tropical tank and there's some water condensation inside the actual glass part. Just wondering if this is normal?

Thanks!

im not too sure it is normal so to speak

i have a old one with a bit of condensation inside i just put abit of aqua seal on the seal and its still going strong 12 months later

Kuddos 2 U 01-29-2013 08:52 AM

It should be normal because I have a heater that does that and so far, I see no threat to this.

Cole mccallister 01-29-2013 10:45 AM

is it fully submersible or simisubmersible

AndrewM21 01-29-2013 11:14 AM

What brand is the heater? Some heaters such as penn-plax I recommend only submersing up to the glass part and not the entire heater, you can do this by using the rubber clips that came with the heater and submerse only the glass portion of the heater.

Since it's new it could just be condensation building up (Reverse Condensation in this case) and it will eventually dry up as you continue to use the heater, over time I would expect it to corrode the inner parts of the heater if water stays in the heater for an extended period of time.

Just keep it running for a little while and see if the condensation goes away, I would expect it to do so.

madyotto 01-30-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewM21 (Post 1410968)
What brand is the heater? Some heaters such as penn-plax I recommend only submersing up to the glass part and not the entire heater, you can do this by using the rubber clips that came with the heater and submerse only the glass portion of the heater.

Since it's new it could just be condensation building up (Reverse Condensation in this case) and it will eventually dry up as you continue to use the heater, over time I would expect it to corrode the inner parts of the heater if water stays in the heater for an extended period of time.

Just keep it running for a little while and see if the condensation goes away, I would expect it to do so.

this is not true or possible if it is fully submersible because the unit should be fully air tight water vapours should never be able to escape if they do then dont have it submersed simple

i use a new cocept heater for my tank only my old heater that is glass

100W 200W 300W 500W Aquarium Fish Tank Pond Water Heater Thermostat Submersible | eBay

this is a basic version of the one in my main tank

much better then the old skool glass one's

twocents 02-03-2013 10:20 AM

gfci outlet..