Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Just saying hello from washington (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/just-saying-hello-washington-12656/)

Busgod 03-06-2008 11:44 PM

Just saying hello from washington

Hello everyone
Been into fish for about 2 years I know I dont know a whole lot but love to learn.

I have four tanks already If I had more room I have more

Get lost for hours In them everyday :oops:

If I ever say anything that is not corecet please tell me I really dont like to do things I don't do right or well

Thanks for the tips so far!

willow 03-07-2008 02:35 AM

hello and welcome aboard,
i hope you will be very happy here,
what do you fish do you keep ?

Amphitrite 03-07-2008 04:07 AM

Hello there Busgod, and welcome to the forum :wave:

Busgod 03-07-2008 10:34 AM

I have north, central american cichlids in one of my tanks.

I have malawi cichlids in another tank.

I also have Tanganyika cichlids in another tank.

I also suffer from bad advice from LFS, when my daughter won a bata from school she was so excited about it, then he died she was heart broken so I went to lfs and was told the best thing to buy was a gold fish to replace it so of course they were happy to sell me everything that I needed for the three oranda he sold me, I knew nothing about fish ay that time, so I bought the 10 gal Plastic tank and everything else he said I needed.

So you can guess what happened not knowing any thing about fish they got sick and died also, desaster to say the least so like a idiot I went back and was told to buy a different type of fish that would be less Work lol.
So He sold me ciclids still knew nothing about fish but bought them and a bigger tank things went well for awile then you guessed it went bad quick
stoped going to that fish store went somewhere else and the store manager told me what I had done and helped me save the fish and told me to reacherch fish a lot more and learn how to care for them, they are healthy now and I keep learning everyday.

willow 03-07-2008 10:51 AM

a wonderfull array of fish you have there.
it is such a shame when people go to a fish shop not knowing
what to do,it is even worse that the fish shop don't really
care what they are doing,and are willing to sell you the wrong thing,
heart breaking for the children also.
glad you are having a better time of fish keeping now.
it's a wonderful hobby.

Busgod 03-07-2008 11:01 AM

well i keep learning more everyday, have read a few books and read alot of aritcals here witch have helped alot, THANKS to everyone who has helped me so far.

If I only knew that cichlids were such diggers sooner I might have gone with a different type of fish, but I do love them such a bussy fish type dig dig dig all day long just keeping substrate looking good is a job by it self.

I think I will change one of my tanks to a planted tank just not sure how to start, not going to jump in feet first I think Ill read up a little first.

Maybe some one can sugest a good book to read on that subject :D

Falina 03-08-2008 06:26 AM

Nice to meet you. :)

I think you will really enjoy the planted tank, if you decide to go for it.

herefishy 03-08-2008 04:54 PM

A member after my own heart, another cichlidophile. Welcome to the forum.

Busgod 03-08-2008 05:02 PM

Thanks herefishy and everyone else this place is :omg: :yourock: so kewl