Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater Journals (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/)
-   -   L-number plecs reference (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/l-number-plecs-reference-1265/)

Lupin 11-08-2006 12:42 AM

L-number plecs reference

Hi gang.:wave:

I've been thinking that since we have lots of pleco fans, I wonder if this thread is still of any use.:mrgreen: Wish you could have posted some of your plec pictures in that thread along with L-number labels.:mrgreen: Then members searching for L-number plec IDs won't have to go over the cluttered threads.:mrgreen:

On 2nd thought, why not make another post in that thread apart from your own thread?:thumbsup: Then the bonus there is "post count up".:welldone:

Lupin 11-08-2006 01:43 AM

On the side note, I pulled some of your photos and stick them in that thread.:mrgreen:

crazie.eddie 11-08-2006 02:12 AM

The best reference is actually planetcatfish.com. Is one of the most accurate information a person can use, with the exception of the Dutch (or is it German) website, but not all of as can read/understand Dutch.

Rob1619 11-08-2006 04:45 AM

I think Blue ment that we should post pics with the id of that pleco on that link so all the pleco pics will be in one thread!
I dont think he ment that you will find all the pleco species and their info...just the plecos we guys keep and their L-numbers :wink:
agree that Planetcatfish has the best info. :wink:

Lupin 11-08-2006 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob1619
I think Blue ment that we should post pics with the id of that pleco on that link so all the pleco pics will be in one thread!

Lol..no.:mrgreen: I mean you can try dropping some photos of your fancy plecs there along with the labels..:thumbsup: That will make the thread "Loricariids Photos" like a reference.:mrgreen:

Rob1619 11-08-2006 04:49 AM

Well i was half right though :lol:

Lupin 11-08-2006 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob1619
Well i was half right though :lol:

Yep.:thumbsup:

If only I can keep some fancy plecs. Thanks to the plec invasion in this country, it seems the government may have banned any imports for more fancy plecs.:blueworry: Worse, my area rarely has any fancy plecs. I was lucky to get a hold on one BN. Lfs received only one BN.:redmad:

Weasel F. 11-08-2006 05:14 PM

I'm game but now i got to go back and try nd remenber all mines L#. Man and just when I thought it was safe to get back in the water. I now hve to start over on numbers and uncommon names. LOL I thank I'm up to 13 oddballs now so I'll updte the picture file on them nd post later. LOL

Weasel F. 11-08-2006 05:15 PM

I'm game but now i got to go back and try nd remenber all mines L#. Man and just when I thought it was safe to get back in the water. I now hve to start over on numbers and uncommon names. LOL I thank I'm up to 13 oddballs now so I'll updte the picture file on them nd post later. LOL