Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Air pump recommendation?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Lenny 
#1 ·
Hi. My Tetra Whisper 100 has lost most of its power to pump, and I've had it for less than two years. (I bought it because I thought it was a better than my old one.) I know they sell repair kits, but they are about as expensive as getting a new one, and why would I get a new one if it will break in less than two years, anyway? I've read others complain of them wearing out fast (check the reviews at sellers) and also complain of the price of repair kits.

Is there a better pump on the common market that's affordable or in that price range?

Thanks,
Lenny

#2 ·
Aquaculture... picked it up on amazon for less than 10 bucks. I am totally satisfied and would have paid 25 bucks for it but don't tell the manufacture

#5 ·
I'm steering clear of Tetra air pump products. They sound good in theory and look nice, but they don't last very long. Mine began wearing out withing a few months. If they were less expensive, it would not be so bad, but they are about the highest priced air pumps in their class, making them over priced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.