Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Cichlids (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/)
-   -   healthy angelfish? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/healthy-angelfish-125375/)

Alex1331 01-10-2013 12:40 AM

healthy angelfish?

Whats the best advice for healthy angelfish?

Boredomb 01-10-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex1331 (Post 1385347)
Whats the best advice for healthy angelfish?

First off Welcome to Tropical Fish Keeping!

Second off my best advice is: A cycle tank with clean water and the right parameters for the fish along with the right amount of Angelfish in the right size tank.

Alex1331 01-10-2013 01:40 AM

Well im acually pretty new at the whole thing but seem to think im doin allright i have 75 gal with 4 vieled angels and 1standard angel and 2 high fin swordtails (the female just had 10 babies a week ago there in a 20 long at the moment and the angels are doin pretty good i feed them 2 times a day flakes and blood worms 3 times a week and 25%. water change every Sunday

Alex1331 01-10-2013 01:42 AM

And thanx for the welcome super exited to gain more knowledge
from this site

Boredomb 01-10-2013 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex1331 (Post 1385364)
Well im acually pretty new at the whole thing but seem to think im doin allright i have 75 gal with 4 vieled angels and 1standard angel and 2 high fin swordtails (the female just had 10 babies a week ago there in a 20 long at the moment and the angels are doin pretty good i feed them 2 times a day flakes and blood worms 3 times a week and 25%. water change every Sunday

A group of 5 in a 75gallon is a good number. No issues there.
I would cut back on the bloodworms to 1-2x week at the most as they are high in protein.

I am not sure if Swordtails and Angelfish are a good combination though? So I will let others comment on that.

Alex1331 01-10-2013 02:46 AM

I posted but i cant see it any more and it says you postrd back and i cant see that either:-(

Alex1331 01-10-2013 02:48 AM

Lol now it shows after i post about it lol and they do pretty well and they ar lyretail swordtails

fryup 01-10-2013 02:45 PM

my adult pair of angels attack anything that's of a good size, I just stick with tetras and plecs and there all happy :):):)
Posted via Mobile Device

Alex1331 01-10-2013 05:11 PM

Well my lyreyails do just fine but i was kinfa aimin for the best varied diet for growth and health

Byron 01-11-2013 05:13 PM

I moved this mini-thread out of the thread in which it was posted so it is now on its own. While the angelfish connection was there, this is really another issue from the one in the older thread.

I second Boredomb on the bloodworms, once a week is plenty, as a treat. Many prepared (dry) foods today are highly nutritious, and it is advisable to get fish on a basic diet of good prepared foods. Some would say there is not much difference between brands, others think there is a major difference. For my part, I use New Life Spectrum, Omega One and Hikari mainly. I also like to feed a variety, usually four different types alternating daily, one feeding per day and early in the day; no feeding one day per week (water change day).

Frozen foods like daphnia are excellent; worms once a week as mentioned; brine shrimp. Or any of these live, but just be careful because sometimes fish can get so attached to live foods they will ignore prepared foods, and the bulk of their nutrition will come from prepared foods.

Byron.