What to do -empty 15 gallon
As per title, i have an empty 15 gallon tank and a few ideas for it, but none that i seem to be able to decide between.
1/ Tiger/green barbs - I was told i could keep a group of 5/6 of these in this, though the profile here disagrees. Anyone?
2/ Black oranda goldfish - My mrs loves these and they've grown on me since her pestering, i know these would need a bigger tank eventually, but as they dont require anything Too huge getting this would not ever be a problem - especially as the mrs would make it happen! Also, the plan would be to keep this singularly, do this work?
3/ Dwarf puffers - How can you not love these? And i think talking to some people i could house 4 in a 15 gal? I was interested in the green spotted puffer to but they then need brackish and marine, which i didnt really want to go down the route of yet. Are there other puffers that are totally freshwater? If not, is this plan feasible?
4/ Any other suggestions?
But that's just my .02
1 Pea Puffers are freshwater I believe.
2 use it as a quarantine
4 Pygmy cories
Posted via Mobile Device
I'd do some tetras. Maybe a school of 5 flames and 5 neons.
Posted via Mobile Device
The cories are an option. The other would be to have a first attempt at this.....
But I found this having a shop earlier so I think I'm going to treat myself....
Aqua One AquaNano 40 Tropical Aquarium
I already have tetras and really want to go down another route tbh with this tank. It's 99% I'll get that all glass tank so will be putting tiny fish in there, neon etc, so once again something different. The cories are a nice idea, I'll have to try and look into what species of them are suitable for a small tank. Is the dwarf/pea puffer my only pure FW option then? Not that this is a bad thing, I'm 70% there on setting the tank for them, just as there's so many species I have no idea about I really want to weigh my options fully for this tank, as when I get that glass cube, I'm going to force myself to stop getting tanks for as long as I can! :roll:
1. NO Tiger/Green Barbs in a tank that small. They are very active fish and need a larger tank due to their activity level and aggression.
2. I have very little experience with goldfish but in my opinion the tank is too small.
3. Dwarf puffers would be nice. You can plant the tank heavily for them. The only thing is they are so tiny sometimes it's hard to find them. Lol
4. A school of smaller tetras and pygmy cories would be nice. If it were me that's probably what I'd do or put a single Betta in it. Can't beat the Bettas for color and beauty.
5. How about a critter tank. I had a ten gallon with a couple mini crabs, ghost shrimp and Nerite snails in it and it was kind of cool. Just have to make sure there's no large openings for the crabs to climb out of. They are escape artists.
Clearly my phone failed at putting the pic in earlier....
Ok, it's like 8am and I've been pecking at my Mrs to help me make the choice as well for like an hour :-)
Think I'm going to go with what I originally thought and put dwarf puffers in, my only questions now is how many, and what about sexes? 2-2, 1-3 or 4 of the same? Are they sold as babies or "full grown" (lol an inch) ? Which is better to buy? I think I'm right in saying males have a stripe and the females are more spotted?
My "only questions" there. Ha!
Thanks all for your suggestions and info, especially on the barbs, one local shop told me I could keep 6-9 in there, but I really didn't believe them when they said it, especially when I read they could attain 3 inches.
Th cories are a wonderful idea too but I think I'd rather put them in a larger community tank later.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2