Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Planted Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/)
-   -   Fertiliser Survey: What do you want? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/fertiliser-survey-what-do-you-want-123658/)

redchigh 12-26-2012 12:16 PM

Fertiliser Survey: What do you want?

Im going to develop a fertiliser for my own use- I might try to sell it later in the classifieds section.

Please participate in my survey, and list which product you currently use along with any suggestions or complaints you may have.

jentralala 12-27-2012 01:23 AM

I use Seachem Flourish Comp. It's seemed to work pretty well, but I think my main problem is lighting, which is probably why my plant growth is so slow.

fish monger 12-27-2012 06:15 AM

I currently use Flourish Comprehensive. Dispensing could be a little easier with a top that allows for a drop at a time.

equatics 12-27-2012 07:15 AM

Same as Fish Monger: I use Seachem Flourish Comprehensive, I have a 10g tank, and it took me quite a while to work out the dose at 60 drops per teaspoon. I would like to dose NPK as well.

Romad 12-27-2012 08:01 AM

Another Seachem Flourish Comp. user here along with root tabs for the swords. I'm pretty happy with the outcome but it took a very long time to get there.

beaslbob 12-27-2012 08:19 AM

How about us people who use no fertz on our planted tanks?

Nilet699 12-27-2012 09:41 AM

I went for Brand name.

Mainly because I know sod all about doing it myself etc and tbh most of you lot recommend it (seachem flourish comp), so I became a sheep and it worked out great for me.

Inga 12-27-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilet699 (Post 1363772)
I went for Brand name.

Mainly because I know sod all about doing it myself etc and tbh most of you lot recommend it (seachem flourish comp), so I became a sheep and it worked out great for me.

Hey! We sheep need to stick together. ha ha I also use Seachem's Comprehensive and am happy being a sheep. I go with the "If it's not broke, don't fix it theory".

Nilet699 12-27-2012 11:47 AM

Baaaaaaaaaaaa! I know we do, I just literally know nothing of what th competition out there offers comparatively and I've never seen anyone knock seachem so just went for that.

My plants have grown great- in 4 weeks my cabombas have gone from 15 to 60cm and my anubias, for a slow growing plant has sprouted some very good new growth. The rest of the plants have all "flourished" (pun intended) too :-)

Boredomb 12-27-2012 12:12 PM

I to use flourish comprehensive and root tabs but I have always wanted to us EI dosing but never got around to buying the stuff to do it
Posted via Mobile Device