Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Coral and Reef Creatures (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/coral-reef-creatures/)
- - too much stock? a missing LOBSTER!!! and help coral......... (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/coral-reef-creatures/too-much-stock-missing-lobster-help-12326/)
too much stock? a missing LOBSTER!!! and help coral.........
1) i have a 14g "Bio Cube". it has 1 24w antinic blue light and 1 24 10,000k light. after the 2 big pieces of live rock and the bag of live sand, it only hold 10 gallons of water. i have 2 ocellaris clowns, an emerald crab, 10 blue legs and a hermit, 1 (kind of big) turbo snail and a couple pieces of coral. im getting a bigger 29g version of this "Bio Cube tomoorow. is 29g big enough for all this?
2) i have this orange and purple lobster, with little spines coming off him all over the place and he has spots all over his abdomen. a friend gave me (he was going to put it down otherwise). he has vanished!!! he normally just hangs out where it is cave like, but you can normally see him. i havent seen him in over a week!!! and this tank only holds 10 gallons of water.... this is crazy
3) can someone please tell me the names of some of these coral, along with any ideas on how to take care of them? they are almost all shrinking...
im very new and took this on to prevent these guys from getting flushed :( i need some serious help here!!! ive got some of the basics of fishcare down but i do need help (especially with the corals)
also, i took everything out, all that is in there is just 2 big pieces of live rock and sand, and a few pieces of coral. he is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!!!!!
check the back of the tank. i found my goby hidding in there in my aquapod.
some fish just excel at hiding. my cleaner wrasse always goes to bed before the other fish and it is nowhere to be found. i move rocks and everything and i just cant find him. in the morning however, when the lights go on he just comes out again.
The corals are probably shrinking because of the light. You only have 48 watts. For that tank, you should have at least 70 watts. How long is your light fixture on?
Do you ever feed your tank/corals and not just the fish?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.