Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   what would live with what (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/what-would-live-what-122674/)

9murphy9 12-14-2012 05:11 PM

what would live with what

Hi
in my 55 gallon i have :

1 spanner barb
1 jewel cichlid
1 hybrid (realtivly peaceful but a nightmare when breeding)
1 bumblebee cichlid (sold as a SA and for some reason is blooming in there)

out of interest what could live with these and together,for example if i say convict and fire-mouth, please could you say they could live with each other,and the fish above but could you please do it with all the fish i mention,it saves me asking questions in the future,

rainbow cichlid
bristlenose pleco's
blood parrots
convict
firemouth
red tailed shark
Severums

i understand that with all cichlids it is hit and miss biased on personality,and for the example we shall assume that they are all kept as singles (just one types of the fish)
the hybrid,is a mix of blood parrot, chocolate cichlid, texas,R.D flowerhorn and various other species but he is quite passive when not breeding,the bumblebee is quite passive too and the jewel keeps himself to himself,i did pick a good lot with these
3 thanks for any help
Alex

9murphy9 12-15-2012 06:19 AM

anybody ??

Byron 12-15-2012 09:20 AM

Generally speaking, considering this is a 55g tank and with the current fish, there is no room for any others. Aside from that, if in a much larger tank, some of the other named fish could work, some not.

I suggest you check our profiles, most of these fish are included. Some of the names shaded so you can click those for the profile [names must be identical to the profile name for the link/shading to work].

Byron.

9murphy9 12-15-2012 01:58 PM

thinking about it,the question is wrongly worded,ignore the tank size but could someone please tell me what would tolerate what :

rainbow cichlid
bristlenose pleco's
blood parrots
convict
firemouth
red tailed shark
Severums
1 spanner barb
1 jewel cichlid
1 hybrid (realtivly peaceful but a nightmare when breeding)
1 bumblebee cichlid (sold as a SA and for some reason is blooming in there)

witch would live with what ? i have checked the species profiles and all over the net and i can only find a very few mentions of the species listed so i could do with some judgement thanks in advance

Alex

9murphy9 12-17-2012 09:53 AM

anyone ??

Byron 12-17-2012 11:06 AM

We do have some cichlid experts here, though they may be unavailable just at present.

If you take a look at our profiles, since most of the named fish are included, you will probably be able to answer your question. I would have to check each profile myself in order to respond, since I cannot remember the specifics on hundreds of fish. But if you have a read and come back with specific questions, some of us may be able to narrow it down.

Byron.