Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Invertebrates (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/invertebrates/)
-   -   Oh My Gosh! Snail eggs!!! :D (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/invertebrates/oh-my-gosh-snail-eggs-d-122668/)

ItsKourtneyYoC8 12-14-2012 03:22 PM

Oh My Gosh! Snail eggs!!! :D

AND i'M SO EXCITED!

and confused.

Both of my snails are dudes, or atleast seems so, they both have a penis....

Who laid them?? and howw???

They are white, in a 1 inch long cluster right above the water.
I have an apple snail about 1 1/2 inches and a nerite snail about 1 inch,

emeraldsky 12-14-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsKourtneyYoC8 (Post 1348617)
AND i'M SO EXCITED!

and confused.

Both of my snails are dudes, or atleast seems so, they both have a penis....

Who laid them?? and howw???

They are white, in a 1 inch long cluster right above the water.
I have an apple snail about 1 1/2 inches and a nerite snail about 1 inch,

Sounds like your apple snail is a lady as nerites wont breed in freshwater ;)

Apple snails can hold sperm for an extended amount of time so that would be why you have eggs now. How long have you had the snail?

Yyou can sex apple snails by looking into there shells I believe, here is how you can do it though you obviously have a lady snail :P

Apple snail FAQ
For future reference.

Going to take a wild hunch and say you thought the tentacle like thing coming out on the left side of your snail was a penis. Its actually a breathing tube! :-)

ItsKourtneyYoC8 12-15-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emeraldsky (Post 1348721)
Sounds like your apple snail is a lady as nerites wont breed in freshwater ;)

Apple snails can hold sperm for an extended amount of time so that would be why you have eggs now. How long have you had the snail?

Yyou can sex apple snails by looking into there shells I believe, here is how you can do it though you obviously have a lady snail :P

Apple snail FAQ
For future reference
I

Going to take a wild hunch and say you thought the tentacle like thing coming out on the left side of your snail was a penis. Its actually a breathing tube! :-)

Well that makes sense :p
I've had her about 2 or 3 months maybe more.. she has grown a lot since I foot her. Should I leave them or take them out? My clown loach can have some as treats but keep or give awaythe rest. Any tips?

emeraldsky 12-15-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsKourtneyYoC8 (Post 1349396)
Well that makes sense :p
I've had her about 2 or 3 months maybe more.. she has grown a lot since I foot her. Should I leave them or take them out? My clown loach can have some as treats but keep or give awaythe rest. Any tips?

Unfortunately, I have no tips other than don't let them dry out. ive never tried to keep my snail eggs as I don't have the room for them.

I know people remove them and keep them in covered cups. Make sure you don't submerged the eggs either.

ItsKourtneyYoC8 12-15-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emeraldsky (Post 1349863)
Unfortunately, I have no tips other than don't let them dry out. ive never tried to keep my snail eggs as I don't have the room for them.

I know people remove them and keep them in covered cups. Make sure you don't submerged the eggs either.

Sadly they dried out :/