|peekapig ||12-13-2012 10:13 PM |
How can you make a tank safe
I have a tank that I would like to put fish in but am concerned about using it becuase I have had first firebelly toads, then a mud turtle, and then a land turtle in it. The toads were in it for about 6 months. The water turtle for a little over a yr, and the land turtle for close to 2yrs. How can I clean the tank to make it safe? Or can I?
|Tazman ||12-13-2012 10:43 PM |
Clean it with a mild solution of bleach in water, let it completely dry by itself and repeat, once it has dried again, clean it with water only and then let it dry and repeat.
Doing this twice will ensure that anything left over is killed off by the bleach, make sure to take the proper precautions when using bleach.
|Shewbert ||12-20-2012 05:25 PM |
Yip totally agree with above, good bleaching and scrubb makes it like new again.
|Romad ||12-21-2012 06:24 AM |
Agree with the bleach solution as well. I take an extra step at the end and use conditioned water in the final rinse.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 AM. || |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2