Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Tropical Fish Diseases (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/)
-   -   Growth on male Guppy? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/growth-male-guppy-121531/)

Chris7 12-01-2012 06:30 PM

Growth on male Guppy?

1 Attachment(s)
I just noticed today that one on my male Guppys have a growth on it, and he dosn't look to good. I've never seen anything like this before, anybody seen this before and know what it is? I've put him in my "hospital tank" for now.

Chris7 12-02-2012 01:50 AM

Thank you for the help.......maybe I'll just flush him???

Chesh 12-02-2012 03:59 AM

I'm sorry you didn't get any replies. . . I don't know what to tell you either. . . can you tell if it's a growth, like a pimple or a tumor - or is it possible that it's a prolapse? Does it seem like it's hurting him? Don't flush him - he'll still be alive to feel pain and stress if you did! Poor little thing. . .

Chris7 12-02-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chesherca (Post 1334331)
I'm sorry you didn't get any replies. . . I don't know what to tell you either. . . can you tell if it's a growth, like a pimple or a tumor - or is it possible that it's a prolapse? Does it seem like it's hurting him? Don't flush him - he'll still be alive to feel pain and stress if you did! Poor little thing. . .

No I wouldn't flush him, I just got a little frustrated last night. My wife is pretty sick right now so I'am a little stressed.Sorry for that comment. I don't know what it is but I looks like it got smaller?

Chesh 12-02-2012 05:01 PM

It's hard to tell from the picture, but does it look like it might be coming from his vent? With that pinkish coloration, I'm wondering if it isn't a prolapse - it happens sometimes. . . basically their intestines. . . come out. One of those things where it may fix itself or not, but as far as I know there isn't very much you can do. If you have aquarium salt it wouldn't help to add some to the tank (assuming that his tankmates wouldn't mind it). If it's squishy looking, that may very well be it. . . hopefully he'll be okay. Is he eating well and behaving normally, or is he seeming very stressed out?

YOU sound stressed out - sorry to hear that the missus is sick. I know how difficult it can be to deal with sick family AND sick fish at the same time - hopefully everyone will be feeling better soon!

Chris7 12-02-2012 09:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well that's weird, it's gone?? I was doing my weekly water changes on my tanks and I went to check on him and it's gone? To be honest it looked like a tumor last night. He is eating and looks pretty active, so I don't know what the heck it was? Here's a pic of him:-?.

aussieJJDude 12-03-2012 02:20 AM

Glad to hear that he is OK

Chesh 12-03-2012 01:58 PM

glad he's okay, whatever it was! If it was a prolapse, they do sometimes just go back in and the fish is fine again - hopefully it STAYS gone! :D