Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Saltwater Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/saltwater-fish/)
-   -   180 gallon stocking list (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/saltwater-fish/180-gallon-stocking-list-121415/)

jesus52 11-30-2012 06:07 PM

180 gallon stocking list

ok so im back with a list of fish that i want. i have researched all of them. im finially setting up my tank and have everything. and the rocks are set up with open room with hiding spots. heres the list:
2-ocellaris clowns
2-black and white clowns
4-bangaii clardinals
4-firefish
2-flame angels
1-yellow tang
1-brisletooth tang
1-naso tang
2- bubble tip anemones
that is the fish i really want then the usual clean up crew. now i have two fish in question to add
1-powder blue tang
1-midas blenny
any advise?suggestions?is this a good or bad list? i will add the tangs last at the same time and add fish slowly .i would love to have everyfish on this list and i have set up everything to accomidate them and make them happy.

Reefing Madness 11-30-2012 06:19 PM

I would not put 2 Angel fish in a tank that small, they will kill each other. But, the others look good.

jesus52 11-30-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefing Madness (Post 1332395)
I would not put 2 Angel fish in a tank that small, they will kill each other. But, the others look good.

even if they are a pair

Reefing Madness 11-30-2012 06:31 PM

You got a male and a female? Right on.

jesus52 11-30-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefing Madness (Post 1332420)
You got a male and a female? Right on.

my grandfather who had a tank set up for like 10 years has a pair and i was going to buy the pair from him. can i still have the powder blue and blenny?

Reefing Madness 11-30-2012 07:48 PM

Yea, you can have those fish also. I'd have a big skimmer and or a huge sump to help clean up the nutrients that will be in there. But, go for it.

jesus52 11-30-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefing Madness (Post 1332524)
Yea, you can have those fish also. I'd have a big skimmer and or a huge sump to help clean up the nutrients that will be in there. But, go for it.

thanks alot reef youv helped me alot

wake49 12-08-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesus52 (Post 1332371)
ok so im back with a list of fish that i want. i have researched all of them. im finially setting up my tank and have everything. and the rocks are set up with open room with hiding spots. heres the list:
2-ocellaris clowns
2-black and white clowns
4-bangaii clardinals
4-firefish
2-flame angels
1-yellow tang
1-brisletooth tang
1-naso tang
2- bubble tip anemones
that is the fish i really want then the usual clean up crew. now i have two fish in question to add
1-powder blue tang
1-midas blenny
any advise?suggestions?is this a good or bad list? i will add the tangs last at the same time and add fish slowly .i would love to have everyfish on this list and i have set up everything to accomidate them and make them happy.

The Bangaii's might get aggressive and kill each other off until there are only two left. Or they might not because this is quite a large setup. The firefish WILL jump out of the tank. That is what they do. I think that in a 180 you can get away with two angels, since they are dwarfs and there is a lot of room.

I think that the powder blue and the naso tang are a bad idea. They are hard to keep fish that are very susceptible to disease and tend not to be the best eaters in captivity. I would probably steer clear of them myself and try the hardier species, such as a hippo tang.

cpwebsite 12-08-2012 10:40 PM

Even if they've hanged together for years, theirs always a chance they will turn on each other and fight.

Reefing Madness 12-08-2012 11:45 PM

Powder Blue is a toughy to a degree, but not the Naso Tang. Those are pretty good once you get them acclimated.