Fish have ich, here is all that I know and what I have done since discovering it
1. What is the size of your tank? 55gal
2. What are your water parameters? State the brand of test kit used. 78-80 degrees. Soft water. Ph cant remember. Low nitrates, no nitrite and no ammonia.
3. Is your aquarium set up freshwater or brackish water? Fresh
4. How long the aquarium has been set up? 3 weeks, heavily planted though, and used pretty much all substrate from my established aquarium. Also used media from my established canister filter for my 125gal.
5. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? All the fish are in my signature, and they are all juveniles.
6. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? None were placed in quarantine, very likely where it came from (an infected fish).
7. What temperature is the tank water currently? 78-80 degrees.
8. Are there live plants in the aquarium? Yes and lots!!!
9. What filter are you using? State brand, maintenance routine and power capacity. Marineland Emperor 400, standard setup and no maintenance as of yet, still newly setup.
10. Any other equipment used (aside from heater and filter which are two very important components of the tank)? None
11. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? What is your lighting schedule (assuming you do not rely on sunlight for our viewing pleasure)? No natural sunlight. Lights are on 8 hours of the day.
12. When did you perform your last water change and how much water was changed? How often do you change your water? Do you vacuum the substrate? Weekly water change. 40-50%. Yes I do vacuum the substrate CLEAN!
13. What foods do you provide your fish? What is the feeding schedule? Tropical flakes, once (maybe twice) daily.
14. What unusual signs have you observed in your fish? The 2 new blue angels had rapid breathing, so I am thinking from them, other than that, that is all. And just today, I noticed white specs on all my neon black tetras, and some on my BN plecos.
15. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? If so, what treatments did you use? State your reasons for planning ahead of proper diagnosis. I have. I setup my extra 10gal tank (unfortunatly that is all I have). I placed the heater in the 10gal. I have it set at 82 degrees. I have a quietflow 55 filter by aqueon on it. I also have a plastic cup with 6 tablespoons of aquarium salt in there as well. Since I noticed all my tetras and plecos had it, I have decides treat all the fish for this. I know there are in a 10gal, but thats all I have! Thankfully all the fish are juveniles and small, and if I need to do more frequent water changes, that is fine.
I understand treatment can last anywhere from 10-21 days, from what I have read. I also didnt want to treat the entire 55gal, because medicines can kill beneficial bacteria and negatively affect my plants. I also have read salt can dry out plants as well. I will proceed with water changes on the 55gal as well.
Please let me know what I may have done wrong, what I should do, or what I should keep doing. Please help, first time ever dealing with ich!
Posted via Mobile Device
Also, there is not a single fish in my 55 gallon now. Just the plants and driftwood.
Posted via Mobile Device
Anybody? I have been doing some reading, but I just want to get some other peoples input.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2