Tropical Fish Keeping banner

silly python upgrade

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  porksnorkel 
#1 ·
ok the verdicts still out on this one, but have a look anyway. the object here is to be a ble to drain a tank to a predetermined level, w/out having to stand over it. can also be filled w/out having to hold the hose, but i don't recommend leaving the room while filling.

what ur looking at, is basically the business end of a python run through some sink piping, easily located at the hardware store. the other end gets drained on the lawn, then hooked back up to a faucet, for filling.

as u can see, the unit hangs all by itself. just close the lid on it. of course gravel vaccuming is not optional w/ this upgrade. the python debris cylinder can be cut to any lengh, to drain a specific amount of water. total cost...under $5.

See less See more
#5 ·
okiemavis said:
I'd be worried about a curious fish swimming into it and ending up down the drain. Have you considered putting some mesh over it? Other than that it's awesome though- great for HUGE tanks that take ages for even a small % water change.
hopefully that won't happen okie. don't currently have any fish small enough to get in there, but i will soon, so interesting addition that would make.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.