Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Livebearers (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/)
-   -   female pregnant guppy being aggressive (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/female-pregnant-guppy-being-aggressive-119770/)

stew123 11-14-2012 03:25 PM

female pregnant guppy being aggressive

I have recently just bought 3 new guppies for my aquarium 1 male 1 pregnant female and 1 none pregnant female they are the only fish in my juwel fish tank rio 125 at first they all swam round together but come the night time the male and pregnant female started swimming round together and the none prgnant female stayed near the top of the tank but the next day they all swam round freely the problem I have at the moment is that my pregnant guppy and the male stay together but the pregnant female has started become aggressive towards the none pregnant female every time she goes near the male can anybody tell me why she is doing this and what I can do to stop it as there is no threat In the fish tank as they are the only fish in there and its well planted please refer to my profile picture to see my tank ...

Thanks for the help

yyankeeyankeefan 11-17-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stew123 (Post 1310663)
I have recently just bought 3 new guppies for my aquarium 1 male 1 pregnant female and 1 none pregnant female they are the only fish in my juwel fish tank rio 125 at first they all swam round together but come the night time the male and pregnant female started swimming round together and the none prgnant female stayed near the top of the tank but the next day they all swam round freely the problem I have at the moment is that my pregnant guppy and the male stay together but the pregnant female has started become aggressive towards the none pregnant female every time she goes near the male can anybody tell me why she is doing this and what I can do to stop it as there is no threat In the fish tank as they are the only fish in there and its well planted please refer to my profile picture to see my tank ...

Thanks for the help

i don't see a picture for your profile... so i can't see the tank. what size tank is this, how far along is your female?

fish monger 11-17-2012 05:18 PM

Sounds like the typical love triangle !

stew123 11-17-2012 07:51 PM

There shoyld be pictures on my profile and my tank is a juwel tank rio 25 and it possibly is a love triangle but she is really bad with it
Posted via Mobile Device

yyankeeyankeefan 11-17-2012 07:56 PM

you have room to add more guppies. this might help them group better. maybe another male and 2 or three more females

stew123 11-18-2012 06:40 AM

Okie dokie I will try this and see if it helps cheers guys :)
Posted via Mobile Device

stew123 11-19-2012 05:17 PM

HEY GUYS JUST THOUGHT I'd LETT YOU ALL KNOW THAT THANKS to all your advice my female guppy has now successful gave birth to 20 fry :D sooo happy thanks guys
Posted via Mobile Device

yyankeeyankeefan 11-19-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stew123 (Post 1317568)
HEY GUYS JUST THOUGHT I'd LETT YOU ALL KNOW THAT THANKS to all your advice my female guppy has now successful gave birth to 20 fry :D sooo happy thanks guys
Posted via Mobile Device

congrats on your guppy grandkids. lol. ;-)

fish monger 11-19-2012 06:01 PM

Congrats !

stew123 11-19-2012 06:05 PM

Lol thank you :) feels good having babies again
Posted via Mobile Device