Tropical Fish Keeping banner

I got some corals!!!

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  RSully 
#1 · (Edited)
Check out my pictures of my new additions! I love them. Any tips on best care for them is much appreciated!

Frog Spawn, Acropora, Green Star polyps and Trumpet corals. At least that's the names I was given for them :-D

OOOPS!! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to post here. I thought I started a new thread. Embarrassed and can't delete

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
And I love them! I squirted cyclops and baby brine at them, and they actually have tentacles than come out to grab food. The picture doesn't capture the bright color they are. Now I guess I need to worry more about my calcium level which is high in the 480 range. The guy I got them from acted like he does nothing to care for them, but I'm not sure these corals don't need some specific care that I need to be more aware of. I cheated last time buying salt, and bought a cheaper brand (Top Fin) and I'll be going out to get either Reef salt or instant ocean. Suggestions??

Gwen

#7 ·
Instant Ocean is fine. Feeding them once a week or every other week is also fine. CA at 480 is a bit high but nothing to be alarmed about with Hard Corals, they will knock that down right quick, I'd leave it there and watch how fast they take care of that, then you'll have a routine dosing schedule already for them.

#8 ·
Ah, thanks I didn't realize that:shock:

As far as my lights I have four 48" actinic VHO 2 white and 2 blues over the tank. It's the same lighting the person I got the corals from had over his 75 gallon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.