Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Aquaripure (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/aquaripure/)
-   -   decided to get one!!! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/aquaripure/decided-get-one-11938/)

sean117Ply 02-17-2008 03:07 AM

decided to get one!!!

I have decided to purchase one of your denitrators, they sound too good to pass up. It will be for a 30g saltwater, fish only that I wil be setting up soon.

Aquaripure 02-21-2008 10:33 AM

sounds great

Sounds great. Just let me know if you need anything.

Ohh, if this is a BRAND NEW set up keep in mind that the tank itself will still need to cycle. The Aquaripure will cycle with the tank. With the Aquaripure the tank will cycle faster but there will still be that ammonia and then nitrite spike.

If you are not familiar with what I am saying then let me know.

sean117Ply 02-22-2008 06:50 AM

I have one question, should I bother getting a protein skimmer? they kind of do the same thing in a different way? My tank will not have corals and it will be under-stocked so is there any point?

Aquaripure 02-22-2008 09:01 AM

They do perform the same function although they do it in very different ways. I definitely would suggest you hold off on the protien skimmer. You could always add one later although I am certain that you will find it completely unnecessary.

sean117Ply 02-22-2008 11:57 PM

I was just reading a thread on a different forum, a person said they got one of your filters and it kept clogging up and didn't work, does this happen often?

Aquaripure 02-23-2008 09:39 AM

A lot of the stuff you read is years old. It used to be a fairly common complaint but I use a new flow control valve and I rarely have any complaints about it now. It will NOT normally clog up as long as the directions are followed and if somehow it does it's pretty simple to clear it up.

Again, I very rarely get complaints about this now. If it were a recent customer then I believe they were not following directions properly and did not contact me to clarify it with them.

Aquaripure 02-28-2008 10:52 AM

I just got this e-mail today

I just got this e-mail today and thought I would share it.

"I purchased my denitrator about 6 months ago and you have made a believer out of me, it really works... I have recommended your system to a lot of people it really works thanks."

sean117Ply 02-28-2008 08:08 PM

I dont use paypal? can I still use a credit card?

Would it be possible for you to make a video of how to set it up and how to use it and post it on youtube or upload it to photobucket? just a thought

Aquaripure 02-29-2008 06:18 AM

Yes, you can use any credit card or even a checking account even if you do not go through PasyPal.

I've thought about making a video before but it really is very easy to set up and I have some decent illustrations on the website. There just wouldn't be too much to the video. Also, I am just not that experienced with video.

[/u]

scorpy 03-02-2008 04:57 AM

Re: I just got this e-mail today

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquaripure
A lot of the stuff you read is years old. It used to be a fairly common complaint but I use a new flow control valve and I rarely have any complaints about it now. It will NOT normally clog up as long as the directions are followed and if somehow it does it's pretty simple to clear it up.

Again, I very rarely get complaints about this now. If it were a recent customer then I believe they were not following directions properly and did not contact me to clarify it with them.

Hypothetically speaking, if it is clogged how do you unclog it. Thanks.