Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   Stocking 200L stage3!! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/stocking-200l-stage3-118225/)

KellyL 10-28-2012 03:28 PM

Stocking 200L stage3!!

OK we currently have,
9 x Neon Tetra
6 x Endler Guppy
3 x Oto
3 x Bronze Cory Catfish
2 x Dwarf Gourami (1 bully 1 passive)
1 x Red Tailed Black Shark (passive)

The people at the store (even though it is a really good store) always give conflicting advice and when I look on the internet I tend to go round and round in circles looking for compatible tank-mates!
I was wondering what else would be ok in there, any suggestions? They can order more or less anything. We would like something colorful that will grow to be somewhere between the size of the neons/eldnerguppys and the bigger stuff. And then some other stuff to take us up to capacity. (no anglefish)

Also, what kind of temperature would you suggest for my mix of fish? I have just added a second heater because one was struggling and am currently at 28.4C - trying to get it down to between 26.8-27.3C.

Thank you guys! :)
x

Tigris 10-28-2012 06:30 PM

What kind of look do you want? Colorful, natural, etc... Personally I would bump the cories' up to atleast 6 preferably more. They are very social and will enjoy the friends.
Posted via Mobile Device

KellyL 10-28-2012 08:22 PM

Hi Tigris, we were contemplating getting 6 but decided against it this time, will they mind if the next 3 corys are a different colour/type or do they have to be the same?
We would like colorful fish, nothing massive though. Next time we would like to get something around 4cm to fill the size gap we have, I know a lot of the barbs and bigger tetra get to that size so maybe we will see what they have.
Thank you :)

Geomancer 10-28-2012 08:36 PM

Cory's will school with other cory's, but you should always have at least 3 of any one species if you're mixing species.

I agree that they would be happier in a school of 6, so you could get three of another species or 3 more bronzes. You may want to look at one of the many white/silver with black spot varieties as they have a bit more visually going for them than Bronze Corys.

KellyL 10-28-2012 09:03 PM

We probably will get another 3, I just googled them and there are some really pretty ones out there! I will see what ones they can order for us.
From the pictures I'm not even sure they are Bronzes! But they are still babies so we will wait and see i suppose. :)

Tigris 10-29-2012 07:33 AM

Panda cories and Julius cories are my favorites. Some schooling fish that are peaceful are rasboras.
Posted via Mobile Device