Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Tropical Fish Diseases (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/)
-   -   My Gymnothorax Tile is dying? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/my-gymnothorax-tile-dying-117871/)

Hadstuff 10-24-2012 06:28 AM

My Gymnothorax Tile is dying?

as I woke up this morning i spotted my Brackish water snowflake moray eel upside down. but when i was about to move his hiding spot to figure out if he really is dead, he flipped back over, and he seemed to be fully aware of what was going on. Is this how they sleep or something? usually in the morning i never really pay attention to his tank, so i dont know if its an everyday thing or not. My salinity is at 1.011 and everything else thats in the tank seemes perfectly healthy. What i did do though, is feed the eel krill last night, about 5-6 got leaked in to the tank on accident (i feed multiple things with the krill). Is there something i can do about it? or is it just "food sick" and i should just wait it out

fish monger 10-25-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hadstuff (Post 1285145)
as I woke up this morning i spotted my Brackish water snowflake moray eel upside down. but when i was about to move his hiding spot to figure out if he really is dead, he flipped back over, and he seemed to be fully aware of what was going on. Is this how they sleep or something? usually in the morning i never really pay attention to his tank, so i dont know if its an everyday thing or not. My salinity is at 1.011 and everything else thats in the tank seemes perfectly healthy. What i did do though, is feed the eel krill last night, about 5-6 got leaked in to the tank on accident (i feed multiple things with the krill). Is there something i can do about it? or is it just "food sick" and i should just wait it out

Sorry that this is a late reply; however, I'd wait it out. No doubt things have changed since your post. How are things going now ?

Hadstuff 10-25-2012 05:13 PM

No problem about the late reply. but, I saw him on his back again today, but when i shook the tank a littlebit, he, i guess woke up, and flipped back over, then started swimming around outside his cave for about 30 seconds before going back in and hiding. I know it isnt a water quality issue because i have other fish in there with it, and they are respectivley fragile fish.

fish monger 10-25-2012 06:40 PM

Unless his environment has changed a lot, I'd continue keeping an eye on him and not make any drastic changes. Is he eating ? That's the first thing that I think about. Maybe research online about the symptoms you are seeing. It's absolutely amazing the info you can find by just entering your issue.