Tropical Fish Keeping banner

New Aquascape

2K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  thekoimaiden 
#1 ·
I know I promised you guys some pictures of my goldfish tank once the re 'scape was done. Sorry I haven't been able to fulfill that for a while. Life has been a rollcoaster, and on top of that I lost my two oldest goldfish. Here is my newly remade goldfish tank:

I took this picture of the tank when the fish were acclimating in a holding tub, so there weren't any fishies in it. But now with my two large, old goldfish gone, it still looks like this. My remaining goldfish is only about 3.5 inches long (including tail). He's hardly visible when I take pictures of the tank. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that I also have some floating plants, so it doesn't look as bright as it does in this picture.

Speaking of which. Here is the latest addition (and only remaining) member of my goldfish family. I put a few mirrors by the tank, so he doesn't think he's completely alone.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks. It's not easy looking at an empty tank.

Actually all of the plants you see in the picture are fake plants. I like tall plants, but the lighting I have is insufficient for everything except maybe an anubias on the bottom. I actually tried anarcharis once, but it died due to the lighting issue and not the goldfish nibbling! :lol:

#8 ·
Thank you, Ches.

So my new little guy is very photogenic. And I just can't help myself sometimes!

I took away his "mirror buddy" so I could get a long shot of the tank. This is a pretty good shot for size comparison. Can you believe he's grown since I got him?

#12 · (Edited)
So I was successful in my hunt for buddy! He's absolutely adorable! But my pictures just show a white and red blob! Here are the best of them!

But it will be another 4-5 weeks before my two goldies can become friends. I'm pretty strict about QT after I had a nasty incident with fish lice!

#14 ·
i had a Comet that had one spot like that,she grew huge,
unfortunately a heron or something took it. :-(

hopefully buddy is all fine and good,and they make a nice couple. :-D

#15 ·
Thanks guys! Although I'm not too sure I want a "couple"! I don't know what I'd do with a spawn of goldfish!! :lol: I'm hoping for two males. I don't have to worry about eggs that way!

Lainey, I actually had a comet goldfish like that, too! But I had to give him away because he was too big and boisterous for my 55 gal. I actually just visited the pond a few weeks ago and found him still alive. I'm sorry your beautiful comet went missing. Those markings that make them so beautiful also make them a target.

#16 ·
i was really gutted as she produced some identical babies,i always
thought baby goldfish were black,however hers were always white
with the red head spot,and i have some similar this year,i'm wondering
if they will winter,or if they should be bought indoors ?

#18 ·
Oh wow! That must be really special to have some of her beautiful babies in your pond! If the other goldfish have been able to overwinter in the pond, then those should be fine, too. Just make sure the top doesn't completely freeze over and keep water movement in there.

Where did you purchase your goldfish?
They have very nice coloring and fins. I'm especially loving the first guy.
They were all just basic pet store fish. The golden guy was actually from Petsmart and my most recent purchase was from a LPS about an hour south of me. Every once in a while pet stores will get in really nice looking goldfish with the rest. Just gotta keep an eye out for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.